ID a Stroke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
No... it stays so the whole world of Scuba Board knows that you are a STROKE! :D

Fair 'nuff. But Spec didn't follow the rules by ID'ing the perp :11ztongue

Rhad

So what the hell is a stroke? Call me new but i must admit i've never come across the term other than a brain bleed... :06:

Mike Veitch:
So what the hell is a stroke? Call me new but i must admit i've never come across the term other than a brain bleed... :06:

If ya ain't DIR you be a STROKE. Well thats the definition some less informed folks used.

It's the guy that tells you about all the places that he has dove all over the world and how deep without being asked. The ones that have to justify their experience are the ones that make me nervous... I call them strokes.

Mike Veitch:
2 choices:
A) a non-DIR diver
B) an unsafe diver

Isn't stroke more an attitude than anything else? A cavalier approach to the serious nature of diving?

JMO, I am not DIR, but I am working that direction.

A stroke is the one who told me. "Me and a friend were at 100 ft. We decided to fully inflate our jackets and see how fast we could get to the surface. We launched 4 feet out of the water, hahaha. He had a nose bleed but nothing happened to me!"

Now, that is a stroke!

Mike Veitch:

its like going in a shop with no prices on the goods, if you have to ask the price, then you cant afford it.

If you have to ask what a stroke is then you are one.
therefore i have to ask 'whats a fool'

rhadamanthus:
You are chatting with someone on the boat and you hear the following all in one sentence; "couldn't find a buddy" "solo" and "hunting".Rhad

They've probably done a lot more diving than you have and its impossible to hear anyone else when you are "chatting."

evad:
They've probably done a lot more diving than you have and its impossible to hear anyone else when you are "chatting."

Uh, it was the person I was chatting with and he was a newbie....

But thanks for the observations and poor conclusions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom