Ideas for improving and developing gloves for dry-suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know squat about drygloves other than they look miserable, but what would happen if you just glued a latex seal into a dui zip dryglove? In my mind, getting it on would be easy, but off would be a bit more challenging...

I don't know squat about drygloves other than they look miserable, but what would happen if you just glued a latex seal into a dui zip dryglove? In my mind, getting it on would be easy, but off would be a bit more challenging...

Oh, you're so wrong. I love! my drygloves :)

DUI already makes something like you're suggesting.

H

Maybe something with some texture to the fingers, I have found that the gloves that pull over you rings are very slick and make gearing up more difficult.

custom finger lengths would be the so sweet......regardless of the wait.......I use the pull over style and love them.....@ 10 bucks a pair there awesome! they have a slight texture to the fingers but a little more would be nice but not a must......I can pull myself down a anchor line against ripping currents so the grip is there.....Im mainly a fossil/artifact diver so being able to feel is a must......my ONLY complaint is the extra finger room as my small hands I always end up with a flap......

Maybe something with some texture to the fingers, I have found that the gloves that pull over you rings are very slick and make gearing up more difficult.

Maybe I am wrong... We have done some tests with texture on the fingers, but it seams like when they get into water they are still slick. Are your experience different that way?

Currently I use these - Industrial Plumber's Gloves

Something similar, with the textured grip but in different sizes would be great. I make them work, but they're far from optimal for my hand size. Also, something other than black would be wonderful. It's dark here, communicating with hand signals with black gloves on a diver in black neoprene can get interesting.

Glad to see a manufacturer out seeking customer input, rather than telling us what we need for once.

Jake

I'd go to dry gloves if I could find ones that fit, have a system that does not stretch the crap out of my seals, And can be put on without too much effort. I had the blue smurf gloves with ring system on my OS suit. They were a biatch to install and did not give me the feel I needed. I went to Pinnacle merino 5mm wet gloves, then XS scuba Dry Fives (best so far but hard to put on myself when hands are cold from outside temp), and have a set of the new 4th elements that fit very snug and have good texture but not crazy about the wrists which seem to have no real seals.

I'd like a set of dry gloves that incorporate a gauntlet to protect the seal similar to my dry fives but can be put on more easily and have some stretch to allow for different liners. I never dive OW without some type of glove and go thru numerous styles every year trying to find the right one for different conditions.

Oh, you're so wrong. I love! my drygloves :)

DUI already makes something like you're suggesting.

H

they are called Zip Gloves WD (water dam). I have a pair, but went back to regular gloves since it is only really useful in the rare situation that you damage your glove during a dive, but it is annoying on every dive when air gets trapped in it.

I went back to regular gloves based on my theory that if I damaged my glove, I could ascent in a horizontal position keeping my hand at the lowest point to prevent my suit from flooding. If dry gloves were cheaper, I would test my theory :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom