If you were in Cebu for a 3 day weekend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys for all the info.

Looks like my plans for a dive trip to Cebu have been foiled. An old friend from Tokyo has decided to visit me in HK for that long weekend. So its dimsum and playing tour guide instead of blowing bubbles in Cebu...

All the great info from this post won't go to waste as I'm sure I'll get another chance to head down to Cebu.

minervamar:
If you go to Moalboal, there is a waterfall and lake nearby that is great fun.

Hire a ride there and hike a trail for a few minutes.

i have to agree KAWASAN FALLS is very COOOLLLLL nice to do some rinsing there with FRESH running mountain water .

there are cottages there as well. the hike is just 10mins, some calorie burn to boot.

My wifes family has a golf course in Bogo. That is close to the jump off for Malapascua. You could have left Cebu early morning and played 18 holes, then got on a boat for Malapascua. Dive all next day. Nice huh?

partridge:
My wifes family has a golf course in Bogo. That is close to the jump off for Malapascua. You could have left Cebu early morning and played 18 holes, then got on a boat for Malapascua. Dive all next day. Nice huh?
partridge,
I saw that golf course coming back from Malapascua. From the road, it seemed like a very nice course.

Very nice. I like it because it was designed as a resort course. If you play the regular tees its kinda short and easy. But you can move back two tees for the really difficult rounds. They say they dont want vacationeers to be pissed off haha. I hope they start on their hotel soon. That is in the plan.

subzero:
partridge,
I saw that golf course coming back from Malapascua. From the road, it seemed like a very nice course.

I agree with the rest but Sept. is in the middle of the rainy season look out!

partridge:
Very nice. I like it because it was designed as a resort course. If you play the regular tees its kinda short and easy. But you can move back two tees for the really difficult rounds. They say they dont want vacationeers to be pissed off haha. I hope they start on their hotel soon. That is in the plan.

I think that must be Verdemar Golf & Dive Resort. And I think they've built the resort already (Casa del Mar Hotel). But I think its only 9 holes? Never played there. Only got as north as Club Filipino de Cebu which was an absolutely crazy course built into the side of a mountain. I was stupid enough to play the front 9 without a cart in 30+ heat and 99% humidity... (considering my bowling style score, I should have gone diving instead... :wink: )

Verdemar is all rocks. The one Im talking about is Mercedes Plantation Golf and Country Club. They are so much closer to Bogo City which is the civilization center there.

pakman:
I think that must be Verdemar Golf & Dive Resort. And I think they've built the resort already (Casa del Mar Hotel). But I think its only 9 holes? Never played there. Only got as north as Club Filipino de Cebu which was an absolutely crazy course built into the side of a mountain. I was stupid enough to play the front 9 without a cart in 30+ heat and 99% humidity... (considering my bowling style score, I should have gone diving instead... :wink: )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom