Ikelite Service Support - Is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With 20 years of experience with Ikelite products (and service), I can tell you that their service is the best. It is difficult to find another manufacturer so service-oriented, in any line of business.

All the best, James

Since this discussion is about customer service, I would like to know about Ike's service on out of production housings. I am finding out the hard way that some manufacturers don't seem to supply parts for older video housings. Before I invest in another vid setup I would like to know about long term support. I don't want to have to upgrade every couple years just to have support for yearly service and in case of a flood.

They have great customer service. I was impressed.

jstuart1:
Since this discussion is about customer service, I would like to know about Ike's service on out of production housings. I am finding out the hard way that some manufacturers don't seem to supply parts for older video housings. Before I invest in another vid setup I would like to know about long term support. I don't want to have to upgrade every couple years just to have support for yearly service and in case of a flood.

Email Ike directly -> his emails are in a post a couple above this one. ikelite@ikelite.com (I think! better double check)

jstuart1:
<snip> I would like to know about Ike's service on out of production housings. <snip>
Ikelite still maintains my well out of production SubStrobe 400's.

All the best, James

Sounds great. Anyone know where I can get an Ikelite housing for my VX1000? Looks like Sea and Sea won't supply parts for my housing anymore. It's been at thier shop since I got back from St. Croix in October and they still can't get parts for it.

When you need something fixed "Right NOW" they'll go out of the way to meet your deadline. I had to have both my strobe's upgraded for my S2 and IKE had them back to me in 7 days total.

Sent a new email to Ikelite and got an answer almost immediately. Made some more questions in subsequent emails and again got an answer in a blink of an eye.

I am happy to say that I was wrong in my first impression. It seems Ikelite does have indeed a great customer service. Will for sure get the Ikelite set.

Thanks guys!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom