I'll tell em to Yank your C-card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am sure there are many divers of all levels and agencies that have had the pleasure of being near or affected by a diver with dubious underwater skills. Maybe it was a bad instructor or the diver is just out of practice. Diving is more fun than a building site to play in as a boy but can be much more dangerous. I guess many would welcome some sort of after cert checks at least to the level of renewal every year by showing a minimum logged dives. If your wet hours are under the limit you do a scuba review. I think anything more than this would be too costly and hard to implement and regulate at present.
Until then I think its all divers responsibility to look out for one another when they dive and lend a helping hand if needed.
I think as extreme sports go we have a good safety track record and probably better than 'conkers' or 'tiddly winks' so lets all help keep it that way.

And what is the recourse if a person of responsibility believes they need a remedial refresher...?
That should be up to the Patrol Leaders' Council, but all too often an adult makes the decision. No one meets out justice like a group of your peers. :D

I have actually seen a diver be completely shunned on a boat. That's when they start looking for a sucker, er instructor to take them on as a buddy. It's about that time that my dive buddies become my students so I don't have to deal with them! :D

That should be up to the Patrol Leaders' Council, but all too often an adult makes the decision. No one meets out justice like a group of your peers. :D

I have actually seen a diver be completely shunned on a boat. That's when they start looking for a sucker, er instructor to take them on as a buddy. It's about that time that my dive buddies become my students so I don't have to deal with them! :D

Ha! Been there done that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom