I'm Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff,
I feel anything that requires the use of doubles and the additional training and planning that usually goes with double diving enters the realm of "technical diving." As for extreme, give my a few more months. Once I'm full teck I'll be adding some notches to my diving belt. The Great Lakes have all kinds of deep wrecks to dive. As for wrecks, I've done the Mary Alice B., New York (wreck not the city), Dunderberg (160' to the mud!!), and some progressive penetration on the Regina. These are all Huron wrecks. You dive any of them? The Dunderbeg was my favorite! As for a team, I've been trying to develop a couple of newbies but that aren't quite so hardcore yet. Needless to say, I've had to do a couple of these dives with whomever they pair me up with on the boat.

So, What kind of diving have you done. Are you technical or more recreational in your diving?

Jeff,
I forgot to reply on the exposure protection.... I dive a Mobby's neoprene drysuit. I got it on eBay for a great price. Anybody looking to keep a little coin in their pocket would do well to shop eBay before dumping a small fortune on brand new equipment. (eB=BS eBay = big savings!!)

wreckdiver,
For now I dive just air. I will probably get a trimix card next summer but since I haven't gone below 218.4' yet I'm not sweating it. Believe me, I know what you're are getting at. The narcosis could become an issue. So far, I seem to have a bit of a tolerance for it. It really doesn't seem to effect me.

I'll second that reply about e-bay!!! I got my Poseidons and my Tusa Duo Air on e-bay and saved big $$$:D!! I have had my eye on a Diva BC for the rec stuff...as for now, I did get a great deal on a Trans Pac on e-bay!!:) Keep up the great advice Extreme!!

ExtremeTech once bubbled...

For now I dive just air...since I haven't gone below 218.4' yet I'm not sweating it...The narcosis could become an issue. So far, I seem to have a bit of a tolerance for it. It really doesn't seem to effect me.

At 200 ft. on air the narcosis doesn't affect you? Meaning you don't feel any narcotic effects or you feel in control of those effects that you do feel?

you have come to the best place to learn about Scuba on the net. Listen to these very accomplished divers and you will even learn just how much you don't know yet. I have, and I respect them for it.

Diettechie,
In my experience I've found the backplate to be better suited for doubles. You may want to consider that. Keep your eyes open. I would suggest getting the heaviest one you can find. Mine is about 10-12 lbs. This way you don't have to put as much weight on the weight belt.

ps What kind of fins you dive. Don't waste your $$ on split fins. I can save you a bundle there.

you might want to use the search utility and dredge up what has been said about deep air on the board. Most of us feel that anything below 130' on air is just asking for trouble... and that you don't seem to feel the effects just makes the point. Whether you want to believe it or not, your judgement and reactions are quite altered below 100'. That you don't feel the impairment only exacerbates the problem. Deep and air should never be used in the same sentence.

Back
Top Bottom