I'm looking for advice on dive resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was a lucky day for one of them then. I spent time on the boat insisting they use the GPS. I gave up when they refused and were searching for 2 hours 1km away from the Dona Marilyn. It's a head in hands moment on days like that. It's even better when you drift off it during the SI and they spend another 1 and a half hours searching again :) All good memories now!
Are we talking about the same captain? The one walking with a limp.

No, that's Edgar. He wasn't on the boats when I was there. Just overseeing things. I think it all depends on the day, but when you have a boat full of customers, you just wish the GPS was being used :)

Erica...as far as I knew there are 3 wrecks to dive in recreational limits in Malapascua?? Admittedly two are blown to pieces, but still interesting sites IMO.
Hello Hydreliox/ Jim

We do: The Mogami Maru lies to deep for recreational limits though so is for the happy few (techies), Tapilon is indeed taken apart: not much left but we sometimes still go there on request, Dona Marilyn is the only real intact wreck within recreational limits (not counting the mini wreck at Light House) which we still visit regularly....
:)

Hi Fred,

I'm pretty sure I replied to this thread but my post seems not to have made it somehow.

I think I basically said that for unlimited shorediving Dauin is great. There's not much shorediving in Malapascua, although a quick 2 minute boat ride will get you on some of the best macro around.

Depending on your budget try Atmosphere or Liquid, although like Jim says, sometime the current might be an obstacle.

If you have other questions on Malapascua, then feel free to ask. The Dona Marilyn is a great wreck by anyones standards and the Tapilon is fun if yo're into history and some artifacts, there's a bunch of Japanese stuff there.

Good luck and enjoy.

Matt.

Thanks all, I think the unlimited shore diving request was confusing. We have done several resort stays where free unguided shore diving was available after your boat diving. This has been something my wife and I have really enjoyed taking advantage of. It gives us time to poke around with with a camera without having to follow other divers. I actually don't mind paying for the extra shore diving, just would like to find a resort that has a good house reef to shore dive. I would rather pay for diving and not spend on top notch accommodations....Air conditioning and a comfortable bed would be nice.

would like to find a resort that has a good house reef to shore dive.

One of the Dauin resorts is your best bet...or Anilao maybe... Not sue about shore diving in Moalboal.

Just after Christmas I staid a week at the Turtle Bay dive Resort in MoalBoal, and this was a very well run Cozy diving resort. you can find Mandarin fish on the house reef, the grounds are well kept, the food is excellent. The diving was great. Nitrox on Tap, They had pure O2 had I know I would have brought my re-breather and a jug of sorb.

worth checking out pricing is very reasonable. for us depending on flights its cheaper to go there for a week than the Caribbean !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom