I'm moving to Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

madfishdiving

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
After an eventful year working in Cairns, developing my experience as a young Instructor - I've now taken a job in Thailand for something a bit different, and broaden my horizons.

Having rarely dived out of Australia, I am incredibly excited by this opportunity, especially after fellow dive instructors, and even non divers have constantly raved about the place to me.

Aside from acquiring a multiple entry visa, and getting the appropriate immunisations - I'd love to hear from you (especially those knowledgeable in Thailand, diving and working there) with any advice, comments or questions regarding the move, which happens in less than a month!

I just want to be as prepared as possible, as I'm sure you will understand.

Nice diving, but I really hate the touting you are required to do there as an instructor.

Plus the island is very small, so too limited for me.

I have done that before in Egypt, and decided a long time ago on Phuket because it has much more to offer than just diving.

Excellent place to gain a lot of experience though. Enjoy yourself.

I've only dove PhiPhi from a liveaboard. Nice location though...hope you enjoy it. I'd imagine if you're not happy there it would be a good jumping off point for somewhere like Phuket or Lanta even.

Enjoy the diving, great food and amazing people! And don't forget to visit the country; it is an amazing place. I do not think you have to worry about much. Phuket is just around the corner and has literally everything you might need :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom