I'm thinking about checking out for awhile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey tom, my name is Casey, I have been looking into this for about two months now. Like you the first place that jumped out to me was the Mermaids program. I have received a lot of valuable Info. I will include two links one to My own thread and one of a woman named Lisa who did the same thing a couple years ago, Hers is a very long read but WOW is it ever informing.

It seems that from what i have gathered on the matter of it all, Is your attitude. And outlook, If your looking make tons of money its a horrible decision. If your looking to have a great time and see some amazing things for a few years. From what I've gathered its the perfect idea. If you want both and want to make a serious career out of it. It is possible but very very hard and you must get pretty lucky.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...828-traveling-instructor-reasonable-goal.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...eer-dive-instructor-realistic-idealistic.html

Id love to hear what your thoughts are as time progresses seeings how we are both thinking the same thing.

Casey, thanks for the sites. I will take a look. Yes, people certainly don't do this for money rather the love of diving and the adventure that this could offer. I'm also looking at Utlia dive center located in honduras. I'll let you know what I find out. Keep me posted.

Tom

Why go to Thailand to do your OWSI when there are lots of great places here?

Thailand? Waterbearer is on target. You can do that here. Allot of out of country spots are overrated. Nice to visit but brah.....

Welcome to the board.

You know what, go do it. You can't live the ride if you are not even on it. "I" have already been all over the world. But untill you do it your self.

The above was my first thought.

I have been spoiled. The diving is just so good at home. For me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom