I'm very new

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Menino

Reaction score
:06: Greetings!

This forum seems to be very indulgent and helpful to the beginners.

I’m from Moldova, a small country situated between Ukraine and Romania. I’d like to get a diving certificate, but the only countries I’m allowed to go with my passport are Bulgaria, Turkey and Greece. Can anybody advice a good diving school in one of these countries providing a short term class for a reasonable payment?
Many thanks in advance.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

It's great that you are interested in learning to dive. You may want to post your question in our Europe forum. I think you will find that more people from your area will see it there and be able to make recommendations for a good place to learn. Enjoy your class when you decide on a place!

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally once you get certified.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Hah.. , at last. I know this one!
As far as Greece is concerned, you can try to get certified in Chalkidiki, which is close to Thessaloniki and not very far away from the borders. There are a lot of Thessaloniki - based diving schools there. I can strongly recommend Sea World - well, that is my school so I like them- http://www.seaworld.gr. Sea World has a gives diving classes at the Sunny Hotel at the first Peninsula of Chalkidiki, which is also a great place for summer holidays. The sea there is really calm, and diving is very easy for a beginner. We never had pool sessions, since the sea was exactly like a pool. We had approximately 8 theoretical classes and 6 dives before we got certified. I think with a full schedule the teaching period for the first star C.M.A.S. will take you approximately a week.

There is aslo Triton ( http://www.tritonscuba.gr ) which is also Thessaloniki - based and gives classes to the first peninsula of Chalkidiki. I have never dived with them but I have dived to the location they are based. It is a beautiful place and I have to admit that diving there is more interesting that the diving sites at Sunny Hotel. Still, it is more "difficult" so I do not think it is ideal for learning.

There are a some more diving centers in Thessaloniki and Chalkidiki but I do not know details. If you decide that Chalkidiki will be your destination I will be glad to make a recearch for you. In any case, Chalkidiki is a great place for summer holidays and you can combine holidays with diving classes. I am afraid that you have to wait until next year though. The weather is getting kind of chilly and coming in Chalkidiki in the winter is not that fun. If you do not want to wait, you have to really hurry. September is the last - and probably the best as far as prices are corserned- month of the summer season.

Well, whatever you decide, have fun and take care!

Hi Menino,

Welcome to the board.

I advice you to come to Istanbul to get your certificate in my club. I can establish a contact between you and our instructors when you decide.

ekarais:
Hi Menino,

Welcome to the board.

I advice you to come to Istanbul to get your certificate in my club. I can establish a contact between you and our instructors when you decide.
OK..this is going to be interesting... Greece or Turkey?

Ekarais, friendly greetings from your neighbouring country.

Menino, I have a suggestion for you. A foootball match between the national teams of Greece and Turkey is taking place today. Go to the country who wins! Whatever the result will be, you will have a great time since both of the destinations have a lot to offer.

:sunny Hi there! My name is Matt. Welcome to Scuba Board! I came here looking for help with my diving dream. I’ve met a lot of nice divers and many helpful divers too. I think you will get the information you need from SB. I look forward to reading more of your posts about your diving adventures. If you’d like to chat, please PM me.
I am looking forward to seeing you some more around the boards!

-Matt- :chicken:

Welcome to the board!

-Grier

Benvenuto a bordo from the middle of Mediterranean sea. :wavey:

Hi there! My name is Kayla, and I have been diving for over two years now! I think that you will be able to learn a lot here at ScubaBoard, and hopefully you will be able to post about some of your experiences as well. If you have any questions, please PM me. Otherwise, I hope to get to know you better around the boards!

Safe diving!
Kayla :dazzler1:

Welcome to Scubaboard! If by indulgent you mean addictive, I agree! Just kidding, welcome, we're glad you're here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom