Image editing software for E-PL1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In an effort to travel lighter, I plan on using just an ipad on an upcoming trip. There is photo editing app called photogene(PG) which handles raw photos. In the past I've used LR. I have taken a few of my images from a previous trip to see if I could duplicate the results I achieved with LR in PG. I'm happy enough that I will try the switch.
We'll see how it all works out.

BTW, I shoot an epl2 in oly housing with Zen 100 dome. I primarily shoot the 9-18, but this trip I've added the 60mm macro.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

James

You can download Photoshop CS2 from Adobe directly for free from their website. It's old and out of date for graphics work, but not a ton has changed for photo stuff.

Lightroom 4 for me as well. Love it. I also shoot RAW + jpg and only travel with an ipad. I got the SD/USB adapter for it and transfer all jpgs to the ipad for quick review and minor ipad editing (very minor) since there isn't much you can do to a jpg.

Been meaning to watch some youtube or dvd videos on how to work Lightroom better but just haven't had time.

ha,im so cheap. i use the olympus viewer 2 software for free to tweak my shots. you can save settings and apply to the next pic. def not as robust as light room, but im a tightwad.

Lightroom is very good for working with RAW files. You really want to do all of your underwater photography in RAW anyway.

I ended up buying Lightroom 4. With the help of some free online tutorials I found, figuring out the basics wasn't too bad.

James

Back
Top Bottom