Indie Doubles - What the??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you did blow a second stage or hose why would you need to bother shutting down the valve? Either way the gas is a gonner.

I'd like to do some side mount training at some point because it would be great at places like Bonaire!

What if it was a momentary free flow in cold water?? Shut down the valve, let the reg warm up, and then you could use it again (or I'm smoking crack...not a cold water diver).

DaleC,

I understand for your purposes a lefty valve on your own tanks would be money well spent, and I would hope that any diver regularly using IDs would go ahead and make that switch.

ianr33,

You're a lot more flexible than a lot of divers I know, including myself :wink:

Also, another thing I thought about, is a reg like the SP Mk25, which has the reg ports on a swivel so you could theoretically use that on your left tank and then turn the tank around to where the valve was on the backside while still mitigating the risk for entanglement issues. Any takers??

Peace,
Greg

You could get out of your tanks, spin around fix/swap what you need to do, and put them back on. Takes me about 15 seconds to get out of my rig and turn, about a minute to put them back on.

Oh, sorry

That's a skill lost sometime in the 90's and requires a shoulder buckel.

When I take my manifold, I take the whole caboodle.... valves, manifold and band...

Thanks Andy for the clarification. In that case ID's and MD's would be no different as I would just bring my left/right valves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom