Injured Diving, My Bad...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Arduous,
I suffered the same injury last spring. You will limp for a while but it will get better. I found that diving didn't hurt it at all. It is the stretching of the muscle (Pointing your toes toward your chin) that hurts. Pointing the other way (kicking with fins) actually relieves the pain.

My girlfriend calling it an "OGI" (Old Guy Injury) stung a little.

I was fine within a month.

PTN

paulthenurse:
Hey Arduous,
I suffered the same injury last spring. You will limp for a while but it will get better. I found that diving didn't hurt it at all. It is the stretching of the muscle (Pointing your toes toward your chin) that hurts. Pointing the other way (kicking with fins) actually relieves the pain.

My girlfriend calling it an "OGI" (Old Guy Injury) stung a little.

I was fine within a month.

PTN

Your absolutely right ! Pointing my toe away from me, (as in kicking), is a pain free movement. However curling my toes towards my shin is another issue entirely. I’m walking pretty good already, but going up stairs is a bit uncomfortable. There’s a dive charter coming up on the 25th of this month. That’s 10 days from now, I think I’m going to go for it.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

My wife got the same deal exiting a shore dive. She over stepped to get around rocks and the load prooved to much. It was a very unpleasant experieince.

Be sure to get therapy and conditioning to avoid a re-injury. She has a new repect for her limitits.

Pete

Glad you will be ok soon.

I have always wondered why people look at me strange when I step off the boat with my fins around my arm and then put them on in the water. (not smart bombing)

Anyhow wish you a speedy recovery.

Now PTN knows why I just fall off the boat :D

ArcticDiver:

Yes, but you do it so gracefully!
PTN

PTN Quote: Scuba, sleeping, sailing, skiing, suds, supper, sex... How come all the really good things in life start with S?

Hmmm..I don't imagine Snow and Sub-Zero fits there, eh?

ArcticDiver:
The perfect entry in cold water...have torn my tendon completely off, so I don't do giant strides anymore (did not injure it doing one, just don't like the feeling on it now)

ArcticDiver:
PTN Quote: Scuba, sleeping, sailing, skiing, suds, supper, sex... How come all the really good things in life start with S?

Hmmm..I don't imagine Snow and Sub-Zero fits there, eh?

Of course they do. Without snow there would be no skiing and without sub zero there would be no Ice Climbing. (Anyone looking for real thrills should try hanging 75 feet up on the side of a frozen waterfall. That's some world class pucker factor.)

Only problem is Ice Climibing doesn't start with S. (Although Alice calls Ice Climbing suicide so maybe that should go there.)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/paulthenurse/detail?.dir=/mail&.dnm=572f.jpg
Here's a pic of Alice on Wileys Slide, an easy beginners slab. The perspective of the camera is a bit skewed, the railroad (on theleft in the background) is supposed to be level, but I've got the camera tilted. She did ok on this but really didn't like going up anything more vertical.
PTN

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom