Instructor Gary Taylor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No worries-

Just see this as a reason to do even more homework and you are right to 'question' our suggestions. But when you look at the facts do so in a way that you take yourself and/or emotions out of it. Do some real independent fact finding, ask the hard questions to these prospective instructors....then ask them again. A good instructor realizes the value of a knowledgable and prepared student and one that wants the best training out there. I showed up to my class and told JJ that I didn't want a card that I wanted to learn how to cave dive and do things right. I already had enough 'plastic' to get me into the caves but I really wanted to be put through the wringer. Your cave class cannot be a good one unless you felt like you got your ass kicked. I mean when you are really pushed to that point where you question things. Like when your lights go out, your mask and back ups disappear and your buddy takes off back into the cave and someone has pulled your spool off and tangled your legs up in it. Do you really have what it takes there....do you really need this? Well as unlikely as this may seem it creates a controlled and decisive diver that can react under pressure and also all these things happening at one is near impossible so it gives you a certain level of confidence that keeps your SAC rate from skyrocketing the first dive out of class and you lose a primary light or your mask strap breaks. That feels like you are on holiday compared to your class and you come out of the cave smiling instead of horrified.

maddiver

Once again Im sorry that I came across the wrong way, but thanks for all your information, and dont hold anything back. Im going to take the courses and I wont to know the good and the bad my life will depend on it. thank you.

maddiver

just orderd the DVD cave diving the Yucatan Peninsula should be here in a day or so.

I just talked to Michael O'Leary. well talked via e-mail anyway. but he sounds like a realy nice person. And his place really is not that far from where I live about 5 hours away and can do it just about any time. Not sure if I wont to take it cavern/intro to cave then apprentice and full cave or take it all at once. Thoughts on this anyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom