Interesting Article on Cenote Diving in Paper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
in the NY Post in page 49 is an article on cenote diving. The person in the picture appears to be wearing a BP/W, frog kicking, with single HP gauge under the waist belt (?) in OK trim. Not at all what I expect from the Post.

Last edited:
Why do you read the Post?

Why do you read the Post?

#1. To see who ****ed who's wife.
#2. To read about the hapless Jets, the hopeless Knicks and the Superbowl bound Giants.
#3. To look at scuba diving pictures.

Why would you be surprised to see a picture of a cave diver dressed like a cave diver?

Why would you be surprised to see a picture of a cave diver dressed like a cave diver?

It's an article about recreational diving cenotes by a recreational diver. I hadn't considered that the picture was of a cave diver. Either way, I was surprised to see any diver in the Post in a hogarthian configuration.

---------- Post Merged at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Diving in the Yucatan - NYPOST.com

The pic is in the link. The diver looks strange, almost photoshopped in

I would expect nothing less of the Post.

It's an article about recreational diving cenotes by a recreational diver. I hadn't considered that the picture was of a cave diver. Either way, I was surprised to see any diver in the Post in a hogarthian configureation.
Those recreational dives have to be led by a properly credentialed cave diver.

I blew the photo up as far as I could . . . I think he's diving doubles. That may be a photograph of one of the guides, or a completely unrelated cave diving photo that the Post bought. But it's a good picture for showing what the light looks like, coming down into the open water basins.

It is a guide, I recognize the wetsuit and blue webbing. The photo is at Chac Mool and most likely taken by Ivan or Ceasar.

I would also say that there has been no retouching of the photo, the natural conditions there produce amazing pictures.

Dennis

Back
Top Bottom