Introducing the Liquivision Xen & Xeo!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liquivision

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
You spoke, we listened and delivered.

Liquivision is proud to introduce two new products to it's line...

The Xeo dive computer - an air/nitrox/trimix dive computer for every diver at any level.

The Xen bottom timer - the "dream bottom timer," the one gauge-only divers have been longing for.

Dive Enlightened.

Liquivision

The Xeo looks pretty cool. Do you have a side by side comparison between the X1 and the Xeo similar to the one on your website between the X1 and the VRX? I'm thinking about my next computer and am currently interested in both models.

The Xeo looks pretty cool. Do you have a side by side comparison between the X1 and the Xeo similar to the one on your website between the X1 and the VRX? I'm thinking about my next computer and am currently interested in both models.
I would be interested in seeing that as well.

Also, when is a computer with AI coming to the liquivision line up???

Thanks Colin. The Xeo and Xen are just about the same size as the X1 but, with the square display, they're a bit larger and more "square" compared to the X1 being "rectangular." We've got side-by-sides somewhere... I'll post them as soon as I can put my hands on them.

The footprint is still very small - not really any more than the X1 or any other small computer on the market. The screen is also tilted toward the diver having put the battery behind the unit instead of next to it... this gives the Xen and Xeo an ergonomic fit while keeping the footprint only nominally larger than the display itself.

-Doug
Liquivision Marketing & Sales

Here is one for you.

dscn1000i.jpg

Joel

Y
The Xen bottom timer - the "dream bottom timer," the one gauge-only divers have been longing for.

I am really interested in the Xen, but notice the price is $150 more than an Aladin Tec2g, which is a pretty commonly used BT/Depth gauge. What is the difference.

A couple more questions: Does the xen do meters and feet? What is the light putout of the unit?

Thanks much!

I am really interested in the Xen, but notice the price is $150 more than an Aladin Tec2g, which is a pretty commonly used BT/Depth gauge. What is the difference.

A couple more questions: Does the xen do meters and feet? What is the light putout of the unit?

Thanks much!

There are many differences between the T2G (in gauge mode) and the Xen, primarily the display, the robust ceramic pressure sensor, ergonomic tilted screen, and the easy/intuitive user-interface. The OLED technology is dramatically superior in readability and the numbers are large with the user being able to select the color(s) of their preference to increase/decrease contrast.

Yes, the unit absolutely does Metric or Imperial... all the units do, and it's a simple setting in the preferences menu.

The Xen is also downloadable (even though it's "just a gauge"), comes ready for a strap or is bungie-ready so it does not require a mount, and offers a user-replaceable battery.

It offers depth and time prioritized in large font, max depth, resettable average depth, stopwatch with simple-reset to zero without stopping it, time-of-day, and temperature.

We haven't really measured the "output" of light, but it'll be as bright as you want it to be. Not suggesting it's a substitute for a back-up light or anything, but we have had people in cave-training classes who have had their instructor remove their X1 from their arm during a no-lights exit drill because they do put out enough to faintly see structure close to the diver enough to navigate around it.

The Xen offers an optional auto-dim function too which will dim the screen as you descend, or it can be manually brightened/dimmed as the user wishes. Additionally, with the color selections, you can go from a dark-red to bright white (or pink, purple, green, yellow, blue... on and on). Presently, I'm really liking the dark-red on low-brightness. Each value and label on the screen can be made a different color (or all the same if you wish). The colors are more of a user-preference thing than a safety thing though, as yellow font on black screen is the "most readable" offering the highest contrast. Realistically, all the colors are completely readable... so choose based on your preference.

The Xen was created with input from some of the top gauge-only style divers in the world as we wanted this gauge to serve those divers. We compiled their "wish lists" (which, interestingly enough, all included almost exactly the same things) and designed the unit accordingly. The cool part is that if we suddenly want to add a feature the units don't currently do, it's an easy software upgrade which people can do at-home. As such, if there is anything the Xen doesn't do that you wish it did, please email me and we will consider the suggestion.

What else would you like to know?

-Doug
Liquivision Sales & Marketing Manager

What else would you like to know?

-Doug
Liquivision Sales & Marketing Manager

Wow! Thanks for that really thorough response. I would be interested to know the output, because I have heard anecdotally that the light output is enough to facilitate exit of a cave when all other lights fail--as a last resort light.

I have to admit, at first i was so-so on the idea of an expensive BT only, but the more i weigh the pros and cons, the more this unit seems worth the extra 150. Now, to find that extra 150 :)

Back
Top Bottom