Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If only I could be part of the 'advance party' to arrange things? I could leave tomorrow. I'm sure I'd have it figured out by July. :D

LuLu and I usually do the advanced partying, but I don't know how much gets arranged. We got there 2 weeks ahead of everyone last time and sent interesting postcards like this one to get everyone excited. M & L 1st sunset on the beach_.jpg

Not sure what the plans are this time as I usually fly by the seat of my pants. Tee Hee!

Later,
Moonie

If I drink that much to where I am hurting, I won't dive at all. I am old enough to know better and old enough to care. Nothing worse than a hang over at the ripe old age of 40, it just hurts to damn bad.

40? I'm 59 and in training for a 'sustained party' that week. But I totally agree. If anyone is feeling 'under the weather' they should NOT dive. Don't endanger yourself or others by trying to be mocho.

LuLu and I usually do the advanced partying, but I don't know how much gets arranged. We got there 2 weeks ahead of everyone last time and sent interesting postcards like this one to get everyone excited. View attachment 119330

Not sure what the plans are this time as I usually fly by the seat of my pants. Tee Hee!

Later,
Moonie
You wear pants? :D

Moonie and Lulu need someone to carry their bags and handle the 'small details'.

If I drink that much to where I am hurting, I won't dive at all. I am old enough to know better and old enough to care. Nothing worse than a hang over at the ripe old age of 40, it just hurts to damn bad.

I'm with you on that...even though you're a year and half or so older than I am :D

Usually I save my heavy drinking for the last night there...which can lead to problems making it to the airport. Last trip we stayed at the Coz Palace and ended up drinking shots with some hysterical back-country rednecks from Mississippi...they were the most fun people to hang out with ever. The tax was steep for that evening, to say the least. Thankfully we had seats in row 1 on the flight to IAH - easy to get up to um, you know take care of things, in the Lav...we took the class out of first class on that flight. Not my finest hours, to be sure!

Sooner is better :thumb:

99 and counting .... 98 ...... 97 ...... :biggrin3:

Im guessing mother-truckin-ramasule is coming. I'll have to stop in at the shop and buy another "flotation device"

Helllllzzzzz yeah!!! ... and I'm thinking life-size this time!! hahahahahahahaha

It's so hard to find the right balance ... or is that, it's so hard to stay balanced? Recommend 8 hours between drinking and diving (not scientific, just my personal rule of thumb)

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Stay hydrated. Alternate alcohol/water through the evening. Let's not have any DCS this trip. :thumb:

If I can make it to the bathroom in the morning without falling over or breaking anything, it will be a good day! Now making it to the dock, on the other hand, is a whole other situation, lol!

I wonder how hard it would be to get someone to fit a one way valve onto it so it would be easy to launch, or flap so you can inflate it with your reg.... :p

John you can barley make it to the dock on time sober, I don't know what you are talking about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom