inverted manifolded twins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Druid. I was looking at the images and thinking about reposting them when I saw this:
P.P.S. please ask for my permission before using any of the above images for any DIR hall of shame posts
:D... bungeed wing, cool cylinder labeling, knobby end at the OPV valve chord, tank bangers? on the left tank, massive tank boots with stickers, D-rings under the tank bands... very nice... The D-rings under the tank bands reminds me of an old Spanish made Nemrod steel cylinder I used to have about 20 years ago. It was a single that came with 4 D-rings under two bands just like that. You would clip webbing into those D-rings and that would be your harness. No backpack, no backplate.

Now it dawns on me that you point out the isolator to you and reach for it with your arm under the tank and over your body instead of going over the tank. Makes more sense now. I have to say, though, that the isolator looks custom made -- it is asymmetrical. The isolator knob is closer to the right post than it is to the left post; it is not in the center. In this configuration it'll be harder to reach the isolator with the left hand. I would have thought that leaving it in the center would still be reachable.

:)

The tank labels look pretty much like generic UK labels, and the bungee round the tank is for storing a flag (or a bungeed hose!). It's pretty much as non-DIR as you can get. The manifold is a standard MDE - face O rings so it's non-compliant too - but very well made and smooth and easy to operate. No longer made but still sought after, I have a set on my twins. Having the isolator in the centre might mean that the valve guard gets in the way in any case. If you read Nigel Hewitt's page linked to early on in the thread he suggests having the isolator pointing away from your arse makes it easier to reach as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom