Is it just me or do you feel the same way when diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
the only part that i don't enjoy is the washing of my gear, the wetsuit especially.

you mean that old, moldy, crusty stuff is supposed to be washed off??:D :D

That's what holds my wetsuit together (kinda like the rust on my car??)

The nice thing about diving the Florida springs is you don't have to rinse your gear. :D

I love gearing up! Preparing for the dive etc... Tearing down is no biggie either..but it's my least favorite of the two.

I've never been afforded the luxury of being lazy when I dive....I have plenty of story's where I've had my Akona backpack on (feeling like it weighs 100lbs), weight belt over my shoulder, and an AL80 in each hand walking a half a mile or more.... It's all worth it when you get in the water though...:14:

I don't enjoy gearing up. Strapping double 130s to yourself, walking down a rocky shore into a low tide with a bunch of slippery algae-covered rocks and then into water which only barely covers a ton of rocks and slabs and other things you can trip and break your neck on is not the enjoyable part of the dive. Once I get out there and take the load off the fun immediately starts to begin, though...

OTOH, after about 60-80 mins I'm generally done as well... I've gotten my fix and I'll be okay for awhile, and I'm starting to get cold and I do look forwards to the post-dive debrief...

I don't mind gearing up at all. I just really hate the shore entries and exits. Gear is HEAVY to carry on a tough shore entry when you don't even weigh 110lbs. But the dive itself is always worth the struggle of making my way over slippery rocks and huge logs with heavy gear on. :D

I dislike hauling the gear to the staging area or boat. I dislike sweating my backside off wriggling in to a 7mil on a 90 degree day. I LOVE jumping in to the cold NE water (ahhhh).

Then, when it's over...I dislike hauling the gear back, etc.

BUT! It's all worth it :fruit:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom