Is it worth getting your DM certification for the education?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Short answer, NO.

If you want to help with classes you'll need the DM cert. It will (depending on the instructor) not improve your dive skills. You may gain some knowledge but you don't have to take a DM class for that knowledge.

Bottom line, if you want skills and education take GUE fundies.

I live and have a full time job in Hawaii so I can't do the professional option (no matter how much I wish I could). I'm considering trying to find a place (I have a 1st choice) that will let me work towards my DM cert so that I can get the education that will help make me a better diver. I think learning how to teach or assist teaching others how to dive will help make me better diver too. Is the price/effort worth it? Should I just dive and focus on gaining more experience or does gaining more education while I dive make sense too?

Master Diver seems like a wast of $$$ doesn't do much for me other than assure I learn some other specialties that may or may not be of real value to me as a diver...

Thoughts, opinions?

Back
Top Bottom