Is Japan Catching up to America in Crazy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I need a translation for "winker." Given the distance between them, I assumed they had not met in person, but who knows? Maybe he realized something was more than a little off with her. We have those little hairs on the back of our necks for a reason.

winker should be spelled with an a, but scubaboard edited that to ******
Japan isn't so large, you know. Smaller than California so it's possible, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that they had exchanged emails, photos, whatever outside the game at the very least. Just my intuition

I read about a real life murder in China a couple of years ago, when someone sold a virtual sword leant to him by another player.

BBC NEWS | Technology | Chinese gamer sentenced to life

What many people fail to realise is how much time and effort people put into these online games - it's not uncommon to spend tens of hours a week playing these - for years. Top items or accounts can be sold for thousands of dollars - they are like supercars - status symbols unobtainable by the masses.

Deleting a player could be vandalism of tens of thousands of hours of someones work, which they have spent a bg chunk of their life building up, making friends and forging relationships.... I imagine it would be pretty devasting having this ripped from you.

winker should be spelled with an a, but scubaboard edited that to ******
Japan isn't so large, you know. Smaller than California so it's possible, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that they had exchanged emails, photos, whatever outside the game at the very least. Just my intuition

Thanks for the definition. I thought maybe you might mean "cougar," an older woman who pursues younger men. I live and learn...LOL!

I used to live there, so I get the geography.

I would think they'd have checked each other out before the "marriage," so he would have had an opportunity to what she looked like. You may be right, though. It could be a "Fatal Attraction" scenario as well. It bothered him enough to contact the police. I'm trying to imagine what our local police would do if I called them and told them someone had hacked my account on Scubaboard. The hacking itself might be criminal, but I'm sure they would have a good laugh after I left the station.

Well, I guess it just goes to show; anything might happen when Avatars go Bad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom