Is my package deal a DEAL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all who provided an opinion. As a new diver, I am still learning the lingo, costs, good v not so good equipment. Kinda still pretty stupid I'd say!

Anyhow, I thought it was a great deal but I just wanted to make sure b/c it is an important investment. I also believe in supporting a local shop if possible since they do take the time to talk to you, try stuff on, and share their knowledge. Someone said you can't put price on staff time and service, which I agree.

I highly recommend The Dive Shop in Fairfax to anyone in the DC area b/c it is a well run operation and they have a great selection of the best stuff. Staff is very, very friendly and seem to know everything (even girls sizes - I was the one who was wrong!), and they have always been helpful. I considered buying this stuf from them earlier this year and regretfully did not. But they welcomed me back again months later to try stuff on and this time I am buying. (I have heard about "rude" stores on here - this does NOT apply to them. They will help you as you need -- cool kats.)

My coworker/buddy is the one who recommended them to me. They also run dive excursions that are well run that he went on. We can both attest that they are A+.

Thanks again...safe diving to all :)

Cheers!

PS>>Skip helped me at the store and he's great!! But all of them there are great to work with...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom