Is smoking crack DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this in the DIR forum? :wink:

yea... but as long as the thread exists..

so if you slung an AL40 from a butt D-ring it could ride in between the legs and with an reg/valve combo Zeagle resort reg you could store the octo under a bungie like a normal stage.

That would be pretty sleek and you wouldn't have a manifold. Monkey divers away!!!

Not a DIR guy but I agree kinda DIR misses the point.

Wow. I must say I've generally thought UTD was doing a good job of getting the word out and utilizing modern means of communication and information distribution. But the non-stop email adds for gear and now this. It's just ... disappointing ... :shakehead:

Henrik

I have to eat my words on that one. This is what I get for not listening to George. I'll be darned if he didn't outline EXACTLY what Andrew has turned UTD into 10 years ago. :(

People never liked the delivery but George never got it wrong.

Wow. I must say I've generally thought UTD was doing a good job of getting the word out and utilizing modern means of communication and information distribution. But the non-stop email adds for gear and now this. It's just ... disappointing ... :shakehead:

Henrik

Agreed.

Agreed. The gear ads are also such obviously rebranded nonsense sometimes (the UTD K2 LED looks exactly like the Dorcy II that Piranha sells...don't get me wrong, it's a great light, but they could have at least bugged the manufacturer to center the boltsnap tie-in).

But to the extent that aggressive marketing of the more traditional DIR stuff pulls in divers to the system who would otherwise be still bouncing around on the reef, I still think they're a net good.

Edit: and they want freaking $225 for the light with a goodman handle. Insanity.

Only if all team members are smoking crack in identical black crack pipes bought at the same head shop. The crack pipes must be over-filled to at least 150% of rated crack capacity. :D

But to the extent that aggressive marketing of the more traditional DIR stuff pulls in divers to the system who would otherwise be still bouncing around on the reef, I still think they're a net good.

It may just be me, but at some point aggressive marketing just turns me off - especially when it's glaringly obvious that 1) they're trying to generate business (nothing wrong with that in moderation or if done by "quality" means) and 2) that they pretty much only sell rebranded stuff.

In the beginning I was very happy to see the short video workshops about stage bottle rigging, the double-ender on the light head etc. Even if you disagree with the info, it was a great way to get it out there as opposed to other video repositories that require a membership and doesn't make clear what videos are included in which level of membership.

But now it's gone too far the other way. Of course IMO :)

Henrik

Only if all team members are smoking crack in identical black crack pipes bought at the same head shop. The crack pipes must be over-filled to at least 150% of rated crack capacity. :D

OK that one got me. Have to clean up the soda I just spit all over the keyboard and monitor.. Thanks alot..

Some of you guys need to relax ... or is picking up quarters with your butt cheeks DIR?

It's a piece of gear, for chrissakes ... you don't like it, don't buy it.

And what's this about "failure points"? How's a solid block of metal with a few hose ports fail? O-ring? Sweet Jeezus ... it ain't like he's gonna use it on the Brittanic ... it's for monkey diving. You get a o-ring leak, stand up ... :shakehead:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom