Is the Aqualung Legend LX Supreme the best reg on the market, for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought he was looking for a bullet / Bomb proof regulator set that you could get parts easy and DIY with no special tools any where in the world ? I guess I miss understood :confused:

Jim...

If I'm gonna be an instructor, I'm probably gonna have to use a reg that my shop sells. Seems to make sense that I should have regulators from the two most-sold brands.

If I'm gonna be an instructor, I'm probably gonna have to use a reg that my shop sells. Seems to make sense that I should have regulators from the two most-sold brands.

Unfortunately it sounds like you are eagerly heading down the path to being a "instructor/salesman". IMO this is too bad, because scuba instruction should not be tied to gear sales. It can result in questionable advice in both instruction and sales. In really bad cases, instructors are reduced to being gear demonstrators and models first, and instructors second.

If a shop is committed to using the OW classes primarily to sell gear (which most are, with good reason, nothing inherently wrong with that) then they need to supply the instructor with the gear that they want him/her to sell. Not make them buy it.

A few of us are commenting on the "free" parts for life programs because we know that they are basically a scam to ensure that customers pay for needless service on an annual basis. This usually ends up costing a customer quite a bit more than simply buying the parts and servicing as necessary, which for quality regulators in normal use is often 4-5 years.

If you are teaching at a destination resort rather than a shop which primarily exists to sell gear, you may have far less pressure to sell gear to the students. This to me is a far preferable arrangement. The quality of OW instruction in some destination resorts is very high.

Yeah, dude. I mean. I don't want to be a salesman either. And I think it's bs that shops make you wear / buy their stuff. But, you know, if that's how it is, that's how it is. And I'd like to be employed.

If I've got a Scubapro and an Aqualung reg.. I've already got something that 90+% of shops will be selling.

if this IS the case, then the is no need to even own a reg. Grab one of the shops rental regs. They will be work horses that will survive just about anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom