Is the P-valve really worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My balanced H valve leaks if I don't cath up and that is with a QD on it. I can't say I'm too pleased by it. But leaks aside I'm really glad to have one.

Contact Halcyon and get them to send you the "duck-bill" valve. Mine was leaking too, letting water in...never the other way around. I replaced the "duck-bill" valve and never had an issue since...nice and dry. It takes a total of 2 minutes to replace it...very easy! Its that little "screw" at the side of the valve on the inside of the suit. I don't recommend taking it apart just to look at it as it might tear, but give them a call. Well worth it.

Uh. . . my Halcyon valve leaks, too, if I'm not using it, and don't screw the cap down. It isn't the duckbill, because when I DO use the system, there is no leak at all. The mushroom valve isn't 100%, I don't think. But if you screw the cap down when you aren't hooked up, nothing leaks.

Uh. . . my Halcyon valve leaks, too, if I'm not using it, and don't screw the cap down. It isn't the duckbill, because when I DO use the system, there is no leak at all. The mushroom valve isn't 100%, I don't think. But if you screw the cap down when you aren't hooked up, nothing leaks.

Same with the non-Halcyon balanced pee-valves. I used to run mine without the bolt (because it sticks out and can catch on kelp), but now I keep it on, because water will drip into the suit if it's not hooked up.

I guess i'm lucky - because my Halcyon Pee Valve doesn't leak even when it's screwed open.

I've got the cap screwed down when I don't use it. I know it isn't leaking from the valve itself but is definitely going up the tubing. The last dive the valve was on the left leg and the hose was stuffed down the right leg. The right leg got wet first. Really I should just cath up everytime since the things are so cheap.

On another sicker note, I've actually come to like the "removal" process. Its a great mental exercise. Just go to your happy place, get the process started, then *RIIIIIIIIP* it off like a bandaid. Guess I'm a bit of a masochist these days.

OUCH, OUCH, OUCH!!! :shocked2:

For me, during a hot shower, and gently. I use Rochester Wide Bands. The previous ones I could take off "dry" sort of easily (especially after a long dive with a lot of kicking), but for these it's so much easier (and painless!) in the shower.

And yeah, it's definitely worth it. The worst part is that one day you'll think "nah, I won't hook up today" and in the middle of the dive you'll wish you had hooked up. Leaks or accidents? Yeah, they happen. Not a big deal, don't worry about them.

Just saying...mine leaked even when screwed down...it was water getting in...replaced the duck bill that is different than the one it came with and it is dry now..even while it is open...Kathy, you might have a newer one...mines is a few years old now...:wink:

I still say call them...get the duck bill replaced...its worth a shot...

I can help you build your own if interested. It only costs 15-20 and takes n hour at most

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom