Is there anything that the Ikelite casing for the RX-100 can't do that the others can

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Progen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sorry if this has been discussed in other threads but I'm in a bit of a hurry to get the RX-100 and the Ikelite casing before my dive trip next month.

As far the camera's functions are concerned, is there anything that the Ikelite does not allow the user to access when in the housing? I've read a lot of reviews but thought a bit of input from actual users will be of great use.

I am just reading your profile. The RX100 is a super camera but it is actually a quite complex one and not a real point and shoot
With little underwater photo experience I would not recommend starting with this one there are other cameras that are more adequate for a beginner
There are reviews here of the ikelite housing is big and bulky the ergonomics are atrocious but it does work

I can't afford the Nauticam casing for now. Might save up to get a casing for the EOS one day. I don't believe that beginners can't appreciate higher end equipment and besides, it's much cheaper to get a good setup now than to get a lower end one, upgrade later and lose some on the first setup.

check out this one... but no experience with it...

NB Housing for Sony RX100

I've seen this one but I'm a bit apprehensive since the manufacturers might not offer a warranty or honour their warranty.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom