Is there really a Sandals in Cancun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, using a charge card gives you a lot of protection, and IMS really does sound like a scam. Surprised to hear about the Blue Angel situation, but Barracuda seems to have come down - and there are other choices on Kayak. I prefer the Orbitz links there, but take a look at this link: KAYAK - Cheap Flights, Hotels, Airline Tickets, Cheap Tickets, Cheap Travel Deals - Compare Hundreds of Travel Sites At Once - check the box for Cozumel only and click Price to line them up that way, and see if you like something. Once booked, you might call the hotel to confirm, then call Orbitz if there is a problem - but should work.

Or book by phone with Orbitz and insist that they call to confirm themselves before they charge your card.

Barracuda is full?
I stay at Baldwins guest house. It is number two on trip advisor. They have a gear rinse tank and a two course breakfast. Price includes everything. Have been there 3 times.

Well, here it is - less than 24 hours before I get on the plane and I still do not have a lodging confirmation. I have booked my dives with Blue XT Sea, Christi was great as usual helping me out with that and she has been trying to get in touch with Blue Angel to reserve a room for me but apparently their reservation clerk Jeannie decided to retire without notice leaving Blue Angel in a bind.
It looks like my budget is going way out of control and I may arrive in Cozumel with no place to stay in which case we will just go door to door at the hotels until we find one we can afford.
I have never in my entire life been so stressed out about a vacation. It is almost like fate is telling me not to go.
On the bright side, the IMS Vacation scam was resolved and I received my money back yesterday. Gotta hand it to Chase Bank Visa for helping me with that issue.

Glad you got your money back and got it all sorted out. I hope you will find a place to stay in Cozumel (or even better already found one). Safe travels and safe dives! Enjoy!!

How did it work out...??

The hotel chain is called Sandos not Sandals. www.sandos.com They have 4 resorts in the Mayan Riviera, but we have not stayed at any of them.

Back
Top Bottom