Is this a good deal/choice for a set of doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everybody has different needs, and limitations. Clean, 72 singles with a fresh cert are easily worth the $75ea as described, and That manifold is surely worth having for an aspiring doubles diver. But limitations are also there. For me.. I would probably get the "Do you really need more tanks?" input, which is what stops most of my hair-brained ideas. :wink:

Having said that.. I suspect the OP will eventually regret not jumping on this. Even if it was just to get into a set of doubles for a few prep dives in advance of Tri-mix training.

Re: next decisions.. I am thinking +200' dives with a 3m suit is probably not a great idea. I know I get cold in my 3/2 suit in 72* water after about 30m.

I have been using a SS backplate with steel tanks and think it is too heavy, and will be moving back into my ABS or Alum plates until I transition to a drysuit.

Do they say 3AA 2250?

BTW, 7" bands do work on 7.25" tanks; the flanges where the bolts go through just end up about an inch further apart which means you might need to buy longer bolts. It actually puts the tanks slightly closer together, with the additional diameter of the tanks the center-center spacing (for the manifold) is almost the same. The bands I used on my 72s are now on my 80s.

Yes. They are. They're also in very nice condition. Unfortunately the last hydro was not plus rated. I don't know if that is a function of not asking or what, most of the hydros were not plus rated. The seller said he was filling them to 2600 cool. But rarely used them the past several years he owned them. Thoughts on overfilling?

The manifold looks like it's brand new. I think it is adjustable so it will work on any size tank set. The bands definitely will fit 7.25" tanks.

I'm happy I pulled the trigger.

Not all hydro places will do the + rating.

I'm sure plenty of people have over/cave filled these tanks.

I love my doubled LP72's...I actually now have TWO sets...just a great setup for the Great lakes diving I do. Light, 77 pds all in...easy to manage, plenty of capacity for those "Recreational limits" diving...and great bouyancy charecteristics.
Slight fill to 2800-3000 is an honest 165 cuft. Just a GREAT steel tank imo. I also have 7 others as singles for those shallow shore entry dives...or off my Zodiac. Great single for a 60' or less walk in or small boat dive.

Yeah...72's rawk!!

Bubs

Do you still have these doubled up?

Were they 7" bands? Want to trade for 7.25" or 8" bands?

Going to try and put together a LP72 doubles myself.

Do you still have these doubled up?

Were they 7" bands? Want to trade for 7.25" or 8" bands?

Going to try and put together a LP72 doubles myself.

Yes, they're still together. I still need them for now. If anything changes I'll let you know.

Good luck getting the + rating
I have a Norris and get 2800-3k fills at my shop....no +
There is a pdf for PST's with REE info, but there is a typo on it.

I just bought another one....same guy has 3 more
I know I will be back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom