Is Tusa a decent brand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMHO if you are going to buy accessories, they are fine. If you are buying "life support" buy something your local dive shop can service.

Tusa makes decent fins and masks. Some are highly rated.... but life support equipment needs to be serviced. Check with your LDS and see if the provide service.

WaterDawg once bubbled...

Scuba 13,

Learn from the above post. Bob like many of us on this board has spent some cash buying gear over again. If I would have gotten the gear I have now in the beggining I would have saved a lot of $$, even if it seemed like a good deal at the time. BP/W, and wrist comp being the most noticeble. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

Good luck

Actually, I got good use out of my TUSA gear ... keep in mind that I do more diving in a year than most people do in a lifetime (well, maybe not most people on this board, seemingly).

I didn't replace my gear because I necessarily "did it wrong" ... I replaced it because I wore it out. I just decided that since I was going to buy something anyway I might as well go for better gear. That's a rather natural progression.

One always has to weigh costs vs benefits. A casual diver needn't spend a lot of money on top of the line gear. What they do need to do is spend some time finding good performance gear in a price range that fits their budget (the TUSA reg I use came highly rated for it's price range, and has lived up to that rating). And as the previous poster stated ... make sure your LDS services the gear you purchase, because no matter what you buy it will need regular maintenance. That, more than brand preference, should factor into what you purchase.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I won a pair of the x-pert zoom fins at a dive show, and I love 'em! I havn't tested any of their other products, so I can't speak for them.

Liberator+ mask - when the last one wore out I bought the same model.

It had nothing to do with the fact that I could use the same perscription lenses :eek:ut:

Back
Top Bottom