Isla Mujeres Trip Report 9/25-9/26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tony&Trudie

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
As I post this it is with sadness that we had to leave Isla Mujeres and return to Missouri. We did four dives over two days with Enrique and his crew, including Noe, Jorge and CJ and we could not have been more satisfied with their service and professionalism.

These were my first "REAL DIVES" after receiving my open water certification, my husband has been diving for years, so I was concerned that diving to my level would be boring for him, Enrique and his staff made sure we did dives we both could enjoy, and did we ever.

Isla Mujeres is a beautiful island with the true laid back island lifestyle that is so appealing, after Cancun we did not want to leave Isla Mujeres.

Diving took us to Manchones, Atlantis, shark caves and bridges and caves, all areas had abundant sea life, coral and beauty.

Additionally, we had the pleasure of meeting and diving with SCUBAKEVIN, who was on the island, dives with Enrique and decided to do some spur of the moment diving, it was great meeting Kevin and hope we run into him again on a planned return trip to Isla Mujeres as he is a quasi-local.

Once again, thanks to Enrique, his instructor CJ and his staff, we could have not been better taken care of, diving with these folks you become SPOILED as they are totally customer service driven.

Until we return agian, I will have to dream about the Island!

Actually, we had made tentative plans to go somewhere else over Christmas and are now looking to book a hotel on the Island. We may become quasi-residents at some point!

Cool! We were in Isla in July. We met Enrique and did 4 dives with CJ as the dive master. It was great! We also did a whale shark tour with Enrique's.

Did CJ tell you he is a cheesehead? Since I see that you are from St. Joe, I'll mention that I was the lone Cardinals fan on a boat with a Brewers fan (CJ) and a Cubs fan - I was sure to watch my air during the dives! :)

Yes, CJ did tell us he is a cheesehead, he and the hubby debated Brett Favre's retire don't retire move to the Vikings decision. I don't blame you for watching your air, especially with those rabid cub fans. Luckily I can root for the Cardinals as one decent Missouir team, as the Royals, Chiefs and Rams make us suffer.

Living in Tampa for 32 years, I am a long suffereing BUCS fan. Way back from the Jolly Roger days!

Thanks for the report. Where did you stay and where did you eat?

Hi Tony & Trudie. It was nice to meet and dive with you both. Sorry I had to miss the next day, I had to meet some guys, so I only got to dive the one day while I was on Isla. If you come down for Christmas, we will probable dive together again.

Great diving with you also Kevin, we do plan to come down and stay on the Island for a week, we enjoyed it so much more than the hustle of Cancun. Enrique is sending me a list of condo's, etc. so we hope to see you all soon.

There is a site IslaMujeres.info - Your Guide to Isla Mujeres Mexico that has lots of good info about Isla. The chat board on the site is where you can get all kinds of answer to any question you have about Isla. We are going to be on Isla Dec. 12 - Jan. 6, so I am sure we will dive together, if you dive with Enrique. I only dive with Enrique, he is the best. See you then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom