Islamorada Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCulp

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going with some friends to Islamorada, FL. and was wondering if there are any shallow wrecks there that they will be able to dive. Right now I am the only one that has certifications past Open Water, so I am looking for something in 60' or less.

Thanks

The two wrecks that you could dive are:
The Benwood (25'-45') Wreck has been down 50 years so it has a lot of life.
The City of Washington (20') Slates does the critter feed here. Nice dive w/lots of large fish.

What dive op are you planning on using?

I am going with some friends to Islamorada, FL. and was wondering if there are any shallow wrecks there that they will be able to dive. Right now I am the only one that has certifications past Open Water, so I am looking for something in 60' or less.

Thanks

As mentioned Benwood which is off Key Largo and City of Washington in North Key Largo.

The Spiegel, Eagle, Bibb, and Duane all are advanced dives, although if you'd like to hire an instructor to dive with you then you could dive one of these wrecks. Usual cost for an instructor/divemaster is $50 per person or $30 per person for 2 or more.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Good Diving,

Thank you guys for all the help. I will definitely look into those two wrecks Salmonboy97 recommended. I am not familiar with the local shops on Islamorada since this is the first time I will be going there. The main purpose for the trip is the mini lobster season on the 29th and 30th. I just thought it would be nice to go out with the guys and show them a shallow wreck they can dive and take pictures of. The other wrecks Capt Gary mentioned would be great to see, but I am the only one in the group certified in deep and wreck diving.

ScubaCulp,
I'd recommend Conch Republic Divers. Capt. Gary and his crew are squared away. They have a great shop and boats. I'd let my Girlfriend dive with his crew. Yes, I do want to keep her around.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom