ISO Cayman resort with dance space and snorkeling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is now the Wyndham Reef Resort, and was suggested by my travel broker...but I have to say their website makes it seem like scuba diving is an afterthought!
I wouldn't call diving an afterthought there - not sure it's all much of a thought at all. It's simply not a dive resort per se. But heading just down the road to Ocean Frontiers works fine, especially if you are doing only a morning or afternoon boat - maybe not both everyday, which is doable but can be rushed if you want to hit your room in between. (We stayed at the Reef and dove with OF back before Compass Point condos were completed.) The main catch might be if OF has space, depending how many divers you have and how full Compass Point is.

The Reef website actually seems to be making more of an effort promoting diving than in the past, I see dive packages listed. There is a somewhat new dive op on site, which got a mixed review from someone here awhile back, but that could have been newness and needing to work things out. Or not, I dunno. There is still certainly a lack of info you'd like to see on either website.

Of course there is also Tortuga Divers at Morritt's next door, you can just walk over there. Historically Tortuga has had that rep for being a bit nannyish and more suitable for beginner divers, but I don't know if that's still the case. But it might work out fine, especially if you could take over a boat.

It is looking like we may end up at Sunset House.....

Yes, that's my site. I invented ScubaDance.
I figure there are maybe 3 dozen divers who are also Scottish country Dancers....but there are a few more each year! My wife and I met doing SCD, I was already a diver, she is now a MSDT, and has certified a number of the folks that go to ScubaDance. You can catch a U/W video from the first ScubaDance in 2002 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTPGEL7H4VM.

Do you guys ever get strange looks from the fish???

I'm just curious what Sunset House is offering as a dance space? The patio outside My Bar? Which is very convenient for drinking while dancing...lol.

my-bar.jpg

I'm just curious what Sunset House is offering as a dance space? The patio outside My Bar? Which is very convenient for drinking while dancing...lol.

View attachment 214508

That is the non-smoking area. Kinda opposite of California, really - larger smoking section than non!

What they suggested for a space was their classroom (perhaps a little narrow but certainly long enough, and with A/C!), or "the seaside patio," which I got the impression was off the restaurant, not the bar. In any case, non-smoking is critical!

I think the seaside patio they're referring to is the area just north of the pool. Between the pool/spa and the seapool.

A/C is nice to have when you are dancing vigorously while in the tropics!

I think the seaside patio they're referring to is the area just north of the pool. Between the pool/spa and the seapool.

Might you have a picture or a map? Kinda hard to tell from Google Earth!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom