IST dolphin tech BCD- any experience with brand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Giovanni Giuriani

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,

I’m looking into buying a backplate harness and wing setup and came across the IST dolphin tech JT40. On paper it’s seems like a great deal however I don’t know much about the brand so I was wondering whether anyone had any experience with the product and/or brand? Is it good quality?

Thank you

I have one of their harnesses, it's fairly comfortable, easy to adjust, and no quality-issues that I could see. I dove with it about a dozen times.

The only reason I don't use it at the moment, is because I started to dive sidemount very soon after. If I ever go back to backplate for any reason, I'm keeping it and will be using the harness. No experience with their wings or backplates. I dug up a photo. Kinda hard to see, but I'm too lazy to go digging through my crates of scuba-equipment at the moment.

20210627_153350.jpg

I have an IST mask which is pretty good and cheap, and their hardware seems to be as good as dive rite’s. However, I did buy a mesh gear bag from them that was a dud - started falling apart at the seems in less than three months. So, hit and miss in my experience.

Hi everyone,

I’m looking into buying a backplate harness and wing setup and came across the IST dolphin tech JT40. On paper it’s seems like a great deal however I don’t know much about the brand so I was wondering whether anyone had any experience with the product and/or brand? Is it good quality?

Thank you

You have so many good dive equipment manufacturers in Europe, especially your home country Italy, why would you want to get something from the far East?

You have so many good dive equipment manufacturers in Europe, especially your home country Italy, why would you want to get something from the far East?
Main reason was the price and also the fact they make a 40lb single cylinder wing. Do you have any suggestions for other brands?

Main reason was the price and also the fact they make a 40lb single cylinder wing. Do you have any suggestions for other brands?

Scubapro does but it is way up there in price. Here are alternatives:

I have an IST Proline jacket BC. Got it as a guest/backup rig and seems well made. No issues for the use it gets. Might be a bit heavier than some other brands but it gets the job done.

Got it through a wholesale deal and couldn't pass on the price.
If that deal opens again for one of their wings I wouldn't hesitate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom