It's cold here in Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill:
1 degree? 8 degrees? Why you young whippersnappers don't know cold. Heck, the last winter I was in Chicago it hit 81 BELOW with the wind chill... coldest day ever in Chicago's history. Why I walked a mile to town and then back. That's why I've been back in California ever since!!!

Was that up-hill...both ways??? lol

I lived in Stevens Point ,WI.... most of the winter it was negative something...I feel your pain DrBill

drbill:
1 degree? 8 degrees? Why you young whippersnappers don't know cold. Heck, the last winter I was in Chicago it hit 81 BELOW with the wind chill... coldest day ever in Chicago's history. Why I walked a mile to town and then back. That's why I've been back in California ever since!!!

Poor Bill...

the old timers still talk about that day. You made quite a hit in the town that Bllie Sundae couldn't shut down. I heard that you punted a football that was hard as a rock right out of Solider Field. Into the wind, no less.

I tell you one thing. working out side all night in the -5 deg with out the in chill gets very old.
i have to go to night. this suck

well im up for a dive let go on the 1st if any one can go. or on a week day im in. like tuesdays or wensdays. are the best for me

garyfotodiver:
Poor Bill...

the old timers still talk about that day. You made quite a hit in the town that Billie Sundae couldn't shut down. I heard that you punted a football that was hard as a rock right out of Solider Field. Into the wind, no less.

How did you know about that? Yes, my great uncle George Halas let me do it. He wanted to see if I could play for THE Bears. Why? Because the price was right (and we all know how he liked to keep payroll down!).

No, y'all should know that the Chicago area is basically flatland. Now when I carry my dive gear, I have to go all the way to the top of the hill where my house is... in both directions!

Oh what a wonderful life here in Florida . Think I might visit NYC just to see the snow for a couple days then back home, where it is perfect weather. A little nippy at night so I can wear my cute little jacket - unbuttoned. I can even don my cute boots I have had for two years (no salt on them).

Life is good. I have to go now. Hopping into my BMW M3 which is clean and parked in the garage. Head over to the beach perhaps for a spot of lunch. Then back into my clean, not rusted, unsalty, very clean car!

If anyone would like to come vistit there is alway an extra beach chair.:sunny

Anyway, I just wanted to let those of you in cold weather know that I am here for u.

Missdirected:
Oh what a wonderful life here in Florida . Think I might visit NYC just to see the snow for a couple days then back home, where it is perfect weather. A little nippy at night so I can wear my cute little jacket - unbuttoned. I can even don my cute boots I have had for two years (no salt on them).

Life is good. I have to go now. Hopping into my BMW M3 which is clean and parked in the garage. Head over to the beach perhaps for a spot of lunch. Then back into my clean, not rusted, unsalty, very clean car!

If anyone would like to come vistit there is alway an extra beach chair.:sunny

Anyway, I just wanted to let those of you in cold weather know that I am here for u.

Why go all they way too NY, we have some snow right here in Maryland.:D

Well I'm back had to put the top up on the car - it's a little too chilly. Maryland could be good. Seriously, wish I could send all of you some sun, oh well.

All this stuff about miserable poor dive wretches living in subzero conditions really got to me. I almost put some dough in the Salvation Army pot in front of K-Mart on Palmetto Park Road but some cretin from New York cut me off in the parking lot so I said to hell with those cold people. I figure any money I kick in will just encourage even more of them to come down here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom