I've gone CRAZY for DiViNg!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.......H, Sterling. Know exactly what you're saying. Since I began diving, it has consumed my thoughts. It fascinates me and absorbs me and inspires me.

You know I even dream about it, typically I am on a great tropical reef and enjoying the heck out out of it and I realize I am dreaming and I try to tell myself not to wake up and just go with the flow (dive).

It is good to see that I am not alone in my passion (neurosis?)

SterlingDiver

Kinda Funny, seeing this thread upon returning from downhill skiing today.

All my buddy (dive and ski buddy) talked about on the chair lift and in the lodge was diving.

Scott

I, too am in love with diving. I look forward to each dive and the thought of being weightless as I view parts of this planet that so few will ever see. When I dive, nothing else matters. I have solved the problems of the world while underwater, yet, like a dream, when the dive is over, I cannot recall my thoughts.
Diving is a very medatative state, with long slow deep rhymethic breathing. I love hearing the crackle of the reef and the sound of the regulator. I have become so relaxed on a surface swim to the reef, that I am surprised I haven't fallen asleep.

On a side note, I had my blood pressure taken today, and it was on the low side. (my blood pressure is my indication of my stress levels) ..I dove only a few days ago, am I still "recovering?"

I agree 100%. I just became certified and I am loving every moment of the Scuba experience.

Cheers!
Nique

I work full time, have a family and have done 116 dives in the 10 months since I started. I can't compare it to many of the activities you listed, but I am totaly hooked and I find it to be almost like therapy and emotionaly cleansing.

Havent managed to get myself wet up here in scotland yet, but miss diving like crazy! Waiting till spring at the mo for the water to warm up a little.

brizzolatti once bubbled...
H, Sterling. Know exactly what you're saying. Since I began diving, it has consumed my thoughts. It fascinates me and absorbs me and inspires me.

Hell, it's even got me interested in Physics!!
I hear you ,.... don't think I've ever been so interested in chemistry, gas absorbation, maths, and human body functions than since I started diving and tech diving.

Yup i am another addict, got about 20 dives done since September and can't actually get enough of them. Can't dive for the Flu at the moment and you have no idea how much that is driving me mad.

Welcome to the addiction we call diving. Others have called is a lifestyle, but the truth is it is an addition. Like alchohol

When I get depressed and cannot dive,,,,,,,,,,,,,I buy more equipment

Hey, Dorsetboy The water is lovely and warm in sunny sunny Scotland right now. I was diving on the west coast on Sunday and the water was 11 degrees celsius. The air was 7!! You should give it a go - they tell me viz is better when it's colder. I will let you know if this is the case next summer when I have some summer diving here under my belt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom