I've gone CRAZY for DiViNg!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh! I can not resist the silence under water. This make me can clear all the bother in my head. And as I dive surounded by school of fish or other creatures, it make me feel I'm a part of under water society, just look strange with the bubble. Tomorrow, hope the wave will be good enough for diving!!

Uncannily close Voop. About fits the picture i have in my head, just have to give the better half fair warning. Look on the bright side if she decides to tell me off i wont be able to hear her at 18metres. lol.

...you haven't gone crazy for diving - you've gone sane for it.

When you think about it, it's the last place on earth where the other animals haven't been trained to be instinctively terrified of humans - and you can fly.

It's primal and part of us - at least those of us lucky enough to realize it.

Thanks for sharing such beautiful thoughts. I'll remember them next time I am flying with the fishes and turtles.

Love2GoDeep

...I waited for 39 years of my life before getting certified...

This year I went to Egypt and before leaving I decided that I would become a diver...

When I left Egypt after 2 weeks I decided that I would have returned there with more dives under my belt so that I could prove my OW and AOW teachers that it was not "Just -Two-Weeks-Under-Water-Then-Forget-It"...

I nearly bought all my private gear and it is such a delight to give out Euros for regs, computer and everything else in good dive shops (2 hours spent choosing the right regs)...

I love the thrills I receive when I set up the equipment and the very first beath underwater after the OK sign...
First lots of adrenaline then total peace...

I am challenged to study and learn new things, get pissed off when I make silly newbie mistake which I duly report on my logbook because "Errare Umanus Est, Perseverare Diabolicus"...

I love to talk to other divers and it is so nice to see other people that care for you sharing their knowledge and helping you above and under water...
I would like to do that same but I know that I have to wait because I got only 16 dives under my belt...

At present 50 per cent of my attention underwater is dedicated to my new gear and control of my BC and 50 per cent is dedicated to look at all the wonderful things I see underwater...

I would love to dedicate 90 per cent of my attention to underwater creatures but I know that I have to wait, I know that it takes time to learn and that it takes from 30 to 50 dives to start being more confident underwater...

Ah, my primary rule is "Dive Safe" because I wanna dive until I get 100 years old...
Enough said !!!

If you want to dive in Italy (Tuscany) just let me know, there is always a spare room for guests and I live 1 Km far from the shore...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

P.S. If you find mistakes in what I wrote pls keep in mind that I was born in Italy...

Erik Il Rosso once bubbled...
...I waited for 39 years of my life before getting certified...

I love to talk to other divers and it is so nice to see other people that care for you sharing their knowledge and helping you above and under water...
I would like to do that same but I know that I have to wait because I got only 16 dives under my belt...

Now there's a good instructor in the making...

An excellent book that encompasses many of the feelings described in prior posts is Down Time: Great Writers on Diving by Ed Kitrell (Editor). In particular is the short story Compressor by James Hamilton-Paterson…flip through it at your local bookstore…I think you’ll be impressed. For something more eclectic you might try The Fireside Diver: An Anthology of Underwater Adventure by Bonnie J. Cardon (Editor). These stories are a bit more varied but it’s worth a look…

Hi there,

Just thought I would add to your comment on diving. Just come back from a fantastic diving holiday in Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt and I can also add that I am addicted to diving but more precisely to fish.

It is like being in a tropical fish tank surrounded by the most beautiful creatures in the world.

Annette

Back
Top Bottom