I've gone CRAZY for DiViNg!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree...been diving like a fiend since I started. It's actually pushed some of my other hobbies out of the way (paintball being the biggest) and I find myself not caring that I don't play much anymore as long as I'm at a dive site :)

mogwai once bubbled...
Yup i am another addict, got about 20 dives done since September and can't actually get enough of them. Can't dive for the Flu at the moment and you have no idea how much that is driving me mad.

Actually, WE DO know exactly how much it is diving you mad. Your spouse / parents / family / friends / doctor / employer / etc. surely have no idea, but WE DO...

Heck, I am going to London over christmas. I'm considering if bringing the drysuit along and trying to dig up someone local to go to a quarry with me, just to get wet....the thought about going on a vacation without diving just doesn't seem right to me somehow.....

Scuba Jenny once bubbled...
I love hearing the crackle of the reef and the sound of the regulator.

Nothing like that "crackling" or "clicking" sound the reef makes as the water moves little pieces of dead coral, little rocks, tiny shells, and whatever else, and knocks them together making that subtle and serene sound (at least thats what I've always assumed that is what that sound is).

It's like listening to a million necklaces made of beads clink together in a gentle breeze or something. No other sound except the slow and steady rhythm of the regulator delivering my air...and a little taste of nirvhana!..which, BTW, has a slightly salty taste as I lick my lips upon surfacing after the dive!

Dang!... Now I'm really jonesin' hard!... :freak:

Yeah...scuba is pretty cool, ain't it?!...

I always wondered what the noise was. Never knew what it was and only have been able to describe it as Rice Krispies... as in "Did you hear how loud the Rice Krispies were today?"

I have noticed it "screaming" at times and it seems to be in corallation to the health of the reef. If I use my imagination enough, I can even talk myself into believing there is a better chance of finding a lobster...(and a healthy dose of prayer) LOL

voop once bubbled...
Heck, I am going to London over christmas. I'm considering if bringing the drysuit along and trying to dig up someone local to go to a quarry with me, just to get wet....the thought about going on a vacation without diving just doesn't seem right to me somehow.....
Do you find that any trip a friend mentions .. you think about if they have diving there and how you can arrange the trip to do some diving.
I found myself thinking about what sort of diving I could do when a friend mentioned we should visit Japan. Gets kind of hard to think about spending money on a trip that is not to go diving ... I remember that I used to do those sort of land based trips .. no I wonder why you would want to spend all your time on land when you could add diving for a great experience.

Although I have no way to log the quantities of dives that some of you report, I've been amazed, too, at how diving has affected my life.

From the time I was a little girl, I had dreams about being able to breathe underwater. Diving is my dream come true. I never went through a stage of being afraid; it has been a joyful, incredible, and yes, spiritual experience.

Now, I can't imagine planning a vacation that didn't include some diving! Next month I'll be in Palawan, Philippines, I can't wait!

L2GD

Yeah voop, know exactly what you mean, am planning on heading to Egypt in march diving, but after that it is a family vacation, one with diving facilities of course. lol.

mogwai once bubbled...
Yeah voop, know exactly what you mean, am planning on heading to Egypt in march diving, but after that it is a family vacation, one with diving facilities of course. lol.

LOL -- well, never been to Egypt myself, but the diving there is said to be great. Enjoy :wink:

I assume your family-vacation plans go roughly like this:

Morning dive -> breakfast w. family -> all-day tour w. boat while landbound family hose around in the sand -> dinner (invite family too, if they promise not to disturb your chatting with dive-buddies -- if you were intended to see pyramids and a sfinks, they would have been build underwater, right?) -> nightdive 1 -> nightdive 2 -> post-dive beer with buddies -> sleep.

Hey, the family is there too, right?

Rinse and repeat, watch the family's fotos when you come home so you too can say you saw the pyramids :wink:

..........maybe it is an epidemic! :doctor:

It is reassuring to see that others have the same "illness". Can't wait to get back in the water in the next couple of weeks.

SterlingDiver :mean:

Back
Top Bottom