jackass..the movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crazyc once bubbled...

Jut,

I am concerned that you may not be getting what you are paying for in your marine biology studies.

To quote one of the most respected publications in marine biology "Poisonous and Venomous Marine Animals of The World" by Bruce W. Halstead, M.D. Director, International Biotoxicological Center, World Life Research Institute

Page 164

If the sea cucumber is irritated, the Cuvierian tubules are emitted through the anus. Upon contact with the water, the tubules swell and elongate into sticky slender threads which serve to entangle any predator that attempts to annoy it. Only part of the tubules are emitted at any one time, and the autotomized tubules are soon replaced by new ones. In some species the Organs of Cuvier are quite toxic, containing large concentrations of holothurin.
The point you miss is that it causes unnecessary stress on the animal having just lost some of its internal organs, yes they may regenerate but not always leading to death.
Would you approve if they say sung a cat around their head instead?
Animals should never be abused in the guise of entertainment.

True that it makes you wonder why some people would do such things to animals but with these guys obviously they are not all there! Did you feel sorry for the store clerk in the toilet dept? After I fell off the sofa laughing I sure did. Then I started laughing again wondering how they came to the decission who would be the lucky one to clean it up.:bonk:

i was DMing a dive for some students when one of them picked up a sea cucumber (which we unfortunately told them was a donkey dung sea cucumber) and then pretend to eat it. Conveniently the anus was pointed away from his mouth when it ejected.

brandon

Jut once bubbled...

The point you miss is that it causes unnecessary stress on the animal having just lost some of its internal organs, yes they may regenerate but not always leading to death.
Animals should never be abused in the guise of entertainment.
No, Cats should ALWAYS be swung by the tail, you just cant get a good grip on the head, its down right dangerous.

Aquamaniac once bubbled...

No, Cats should ALWAYS be swung by the tail, you just cant get a good grip on the head, its down right dangerous.

Plus, you should always swing them in the counterclockwise direction. If you go the other way, coriolis effects confuse their inner ears, and they don't like it.

As a cat lover, I am offended by your implied mistreatment of cats. Animal abusing shall not be tolerated....I am going to ensure the proper legal authorities see this thread and they can decide on how to take action.

Here I thought we were just kidding around. Now PETA activists with torches and pitchforks have surrounded my building!

Jut once bubbled...

Hee hee.... :)

Jut once bubbled...
as a student of marine biology i found it disgracefull when they basically killed sea cucumbers by pretending to masterbate with it untill the poor thing got so stressed it ejected its digestive system.
My thoughts exactly. Some idiot on RSD was saying how cool it was as well when he did then when diving somewhere out east.

Darryl

Back
Top Bottom