Jackson Blue Accident?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roak,

I have heard of 2 likely scenario's for Gol death. Either one was from doing something that does not conform to the DIR approach. It might be wise to wait until the ME's report is available (or has it been released?) and accident analysis is done before the cause is attributed to a specific action. Nevertheless, asiandivergal and you are right that there is a lesson to be learned from this accident. As Harry Averill says "We don't need more cave divers…just better ones" [http://www.cavediving.com/harry/index.htm].

By the way… the only hostility I have seen is from Ed and it is quite amusing to watch his posturing.

omar

Originally posted by blacknet
However, if you wish to make any form of apology then you can retract your statements until you can prove yourself worthy in posting anything relating to me.
My, how hostile. Didn't someone earlier say something about hostile people?

I believe the proof, and perhaps an apology is required from you, to wit:
Originally posted by blacknet
So true in fact you will probably get some nasty responces to that comment from others. Just keep in mind if they are somewhat hostile then they fit that catagory.
Ed
Seems you've made a claim here, Ed. I'm simply calling you on it.

It should be easy to see if your claim is correct or not. Name these "others" you so coyly allude to and we'll see if they have anything nasty to say to Aisiandivergirl.

Roak

Originally posted by omar
Roak,
It might be wise to wait until the ME's report is available (or has it been released?) and accident analysis is done before the cause is attributed to a specific action.

omar
Point taken, I'm guilty of rumor mongering, something I should avoid. Not meant to be a justification, but I’ve just gotten so tired of MEs that know nothing about diving physiology concluding that the death was caused by “drowning.” In such cases we lose the useful information that might be otherwise able to save lives.

Roak

Ed,

I am bringing this here, out in the open, so maybe you will see it and understand.

FOR THE LAST TIME-- There will be no name calling and mud slinging in this Forum.

Myself, I don't care about your abilities or experience, what I do care about is your ability to participate in a civil manner in this Fourm. If you cannot conduct yourself in such a manner, I suggest that your refrain from posting here and stick to the subjects that you know well and participate in.

It is well known here and on other Boards, your intense distaste for WKPP/DIR/GI,III/JJ or anything or anybody remotely associated with it/them.

This thread started off in a civil manner and has progressed so, but you have done nothing but try to stir it up into your personal Anti-DIR campaign.

Got news for you! It ain't gonna happen.

Thanks for your time.

ID--Don Stricklin

Originally posted by Blargh
... isnt it about time this thread was closed ?

please ?
Well, I *would* like to know what really happened at Jackson Blue. I've heard a few things unofficially, but haven't seen anything I felt could be posted here with authority.
Anybody have anything concrete?
Rick

Originally posted by Rick Murchison

Well, I *would* like to know what really happened at Jackson Blue. I've heard a few things unofficially, but haven't seen anything I felt could be posted here with authority.
Anybody have anything concrete?
Rick

that doesnt have to be in *this* thread though
*cough* *cough*

As I believe the technical community needs a place to express IDeas and theories, this is the part of ScubaSource that has been set aside for that purpose.

Granted there will be times when passions and tempers get a little "heated." But surely people with the discipline to do "technical diving" can refrain from the other stuff that has appeared on other Boards. For that reason and the reasons I have stated before, there will be no closed threads (except for the 1st one) in this forum and very little moderation unless it gets out of hand as it did earlier.

There is a ton of information to be learned from the technical community and this is where it will be discussed. Even if you aren't a technical diver, the wealth of knowledge expressed here is phenomenal.

For lack of a better way to express it....If you do not like what you read, then don't read it. Just move on to another section of the Board.

Thanks

ID

ID,

I just want to chime in here that I think you are doing an excellent job on the fine line between moderation and censoring the board. I think overall this site is the best run internet board I have seen and I have been on quite a few and it is quite common for them to break down into useless name calling.

I think especially this tech board could turn into something really good as so many people are interested in it and there are several people here who know what they are talking about and able to do it in a friendly manner.

This board has been extremely helpful from the day of my OW class to present day deco questions and advanced training. Thanks again!

Tommy

Have you seen some of the needless b***hing and rubbish that goes on in other message boards? I would say that even the so called "name calling" and "mudslinging" here has been civilised, compared to what i have witnessed elsewhere.

Thanks guys for keeping constructive discourse like this flowing - btw, I am considering taking a leap into technical diving and it is important for me to know the pros and antis stance for the different issues before deciding whether that's the way I wanna go, and whether it's suitable for me. I've learnt so much here than thru my courses! :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom