Jackson point Wreck Lake Simcoe ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks SimcoeDiver, I'm curious to see which wreck are we talking about because I haven't heard anything about that Enterprise wreck being discovered.
I found a phone number from TDI Canada (http://www.tdicanada.com/instructors/on.html) not sure if is still valid: 1.905.722.5466... I was about to call.

StingRob

simcoediver:
Thank you Mr Adams.I will follow up on that and will let you know Stingrob

StingRob:
Thanks SimcoeDiver, I'm curious to see which wreck are we talking about because I haven't heard anything about that Enterprise wreck being discovered.
I found a phone number from TDI Canada (http://www.tdicanada.com/instructors/on.html) not sure if is still valid: 1.905.722.5466... I was about to call.

StingRob

I have heard through the grapevine the Maripossa (sp) has been located.

Tom

Yes! you are correct it has been found,and its remains are some what burnt to the hull. Who found it and its exact location is a mystery from what I hear.

Richard

Mariposa Belle was found some time ago and is near Sibbald Point… I believe this wreck(s) off Jackson Point is a different one (at least that’s what I hope :eek:)
And yes… keeping secret a burnt hull may be a thing… maybe the hull was made out of… wood :eek:)

StingRob

The Enterprise { Mariposa}has already been found.Its just a matter of getting the right info from the right people on its exact location.The info I have been getting indicates there are a couple of wrecks out there.I still need to talk to a couple of more divers that have been on the wrecks and are willing to disclose the locations. Its certainly time now to allow other divers to see these wrecks,they,ve been kept secret long enough.

So, has there been any follow up to this thread on the Enterprise, aka Mariposa Belle.
I'd seen several articles on the ship and the fact that it had been scuttled near Jackson's Point/Sibbald Point after the machinery had been removed in or about 1903 after the ship sank at the wharf.

Theres no follow up, apparently its been nearly 10 years since its discovery and it was supposed to be surveyed by marine archeologists, so the site is being kept secret until this happens.
I do not believe this will ever happen and in the meantime the wreck is slowly rotting away never to be seen by any divers other than the ones that are keeping the location secret.
Not fair is it? theres nothing we can do about it, unless you want to go out and re-discover it.

If it will help Simcoe Diver I was told the only info that i will get is, look between Sibbald's Point and Georgina Island

Back
Top Bottom