James' Handy Dandy Guide to Avoiding Stuff You're Not Interested In

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans:
Feel free to drag up one from the previous century if you can help with solving problems. :)
Ditto that! I'm "electronically challenged." :D (don't know squat about computers) It helps me a great deal!

I thought the apology was funny though. Made me laugh :)

El Orans, now that you’ve made this thread a sticky, it would be nice to add your updated forums list. Until that time, I’ll point to your post in that other thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=1767094&postcount=18

Thank you, yet again.

I'd prefer to keep the list in one thread only. But you're right, the current list has aged once again... :D

Here’s a way to save some effort while building your URL:

(Referring to El Oran’s excellent forum list)
You do not need to list the 6 top-level “forum” numbers (e.g. 48 - ScubaBoard matrix, 37 – Scuba Diving Central, etc.) since they don’t have posts.

You don’t need to include the restricted forums (most of the grayed out forums) since you won’t get posts from those you aren’t a member of. Exception to grayed out rule: If you don’t want to get posts from the one you’re in now (93 - Site Support), or its subordinates (e.g. 212-Suggestions), you’d need to include them.

You don’t need to list calendars.

< I think>

That still leaves nearly 200 forums to consider.

Another useful URL you can create using this method is the following:

http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php?do=getnew&include=93,164,169,212&do=getdaily&days=3

It's one I use frequently (find me all new posts in the Site Support forum (including all child forums) in the past 3 days).

Back
Top Bottom