James' Handy Dandy Guide to Avoiding Stuff You're Not Interested In

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Woohhoo! Now we shouldn't see any more whiney posts from some of the above.

Most useful thread I have seen in some time.
Loved it.

wouldn't it be neat if the new posts button at the top were configurable, with a place in your profile to check what to include.

In the words of the great one . . .
How sweet it is!
--Jackie Gleason​

Thank you both!

I can't believe it took me so long to finally try James' "Handy Dandy Guide" info!

I was just not looking forward to writing down all of the numbers that I wanted to exclude and typing up a URL and actually, I had not seen the awesomely cool "URL Builder" from miesemer until today.

Since miesemer has graciously offerred to make the source files available, shouldn't this "tool" be made available in the User CP?

Also, it would be nice if the files were housed here on the SB site as well. I'd hate to see it disappear someday because miesemer decided to take it down for some reason. It's an awesome tool for a new member to have available. It increases the site's user "friendliness" and probably increases the sites "stickiness", as well.

I had actually stopped using the New Posts link entirely and just checked some different forums regularly. I kind of missed using the New Posts button. I think I haven't used it for a couple of months. So, I thought I'd find this thread and go ahead and create the URL. To my very pleasant surprise, I found the "URL Builder"!

Now, I can use the new link that was so easily created by miesemer's "URL Builder" and simply edit the URL to include a few new forums.

So, I offer a belated but well deserved "Thank you" to both James' and miesemer!

Christian

Back
Top Bottom