Jean Michel Cousteau shark special..anyone watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why did i think of the aquatic life?

debersole:
I thought it was very well done. What made it even better was that my wife and I just got back a couple of weeks ago from Rangiroa, diving all the spots they were talking about. Very cool!

Very cool. How did you get there? How many planes/boats and is there a website where you stayed? Thanks, Scott.

If you guys really liked this show, please let your local pbs channel know it. You might even suggest balanced shows on sharks like this one to the Discovery channel to replace usual suspects they show during Shark attack week.

Bush directly credited the the first episode of the series (Ocean Adventures with Jean Michel Cousteau) with inspiring him to create the Northwestern Hawaiian National Monument - the world's largest marine reserve.

My boyfriend and I watched this last night, I am a newbie diver and I was blown away by the whole thing. I can't wait to swim with some of those creatures (but NOT the sharks :11: )

Laura

I thought it was magnificent and went a long way toward debunking a LOT of shark myths. If you haven't seen it, I strongly urge you to try. It was incredible!

gcbryan:
That was Phillipe. I think he died in a small plane crash but I can't remember the details.

Philippe was piloting one of TCS' PBYs into Lisbon, Portugal, in summer of 1979 when he hit a sandbar in the Sagres River and the plane flipped as I remember. I was with his brother Jean-Michel here on Catalina the day it happened.

KK, I just poked around with my DVR box and it turns out that "Jean Michel Cousteau:Ocean" is a series on PBS now (or at least there are multiple episodes of it). The shark episode is being replayed on PBS-HD at 4pm EST today, and the whale episode is airing next Wed evening. WOOPDIE DOO!!!!

Now, if only they film an episode where Jean beats his cousin over the head with a mechanical shark.

A while back I saw Al Giddings in one of his programs in the open water with three GW's swimming around him and thought that was awesome. Jean Michel and his friend were getting rides by grabbing the dorsel fin of a GW like you would on a whale shark----unbelievable! Hey, I'm going to Palau in March; Will I be in the type of currents that I saw on last night's program? That was wild!:icon10:

RICoder:
KK, I just poked around with my DVR box and it turns out that "Jean Michel Cousteau:Ocean" is a series on PBS now (or at least there are multiple episodes of it). The shark episode is being replayed on PBS-HD at 4pm EST today, and the whale episode is airing next Wed evening. WOOPDIE DOO!!!!

Now, if only they film an episode where Jean beats his cousin over the head with a mechanical shark.
I'm pretty sure Fabian is Jean-Michel's son, not cousin.

That was a great show. Done by divers and both non-divers and "our crowd" could dig the show. The ripping current was awesome. I'd like to get in that one.

The GW portion was incredible. How about the guy grabbing the GW's chins and opening their mouths?

I'm also pretty sure I don't have the cojones top grab the dorsal fin of a GW & tool around for awhile.

This one was great, the other show about the NW Hawaiian island chain wasn't that big a deal.

I am looking forward to the show on Grey whales

Back
Top Bottom