Jet Fin foot pockets.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spyder:
How far should a boot fit in the pocket? I have Seasoft Stealth boots in 8/fins in M and the fit seems fine except they're about an 1-1 1/2 from the toe to the end of the pocket. They hit the top of my foot/arch about the same as in the picture.

I can't see anyone getting their foot in much further. No matter what, you will have a at least a little bit of your heel sticking out.

I'm surprised your size 8 Seasoft boots fit in medium jets. I couldn't fit any hard sole boot in the foot pocket. Not even close. Wonder if it's just differences in manufacturing batches. Do you have lightning or non lightning jets ?

ronrosa

can you take a photo of your booty

and your foot inside the Scuba Pro Jet Fin.

If I could do it all over again, I would get a size large.

looks like a little small for you indeed.

it is strange why scuba pro would say that is the correct size for you.

I guess this is why some people complain it feels like they are finning with their toes. We'll see how I like them in the water. I have neoprene socks so I can try those too. They will let me get more of my foot in, but feel sloppy side to side.

Hate to tell you RonRosa,those are to little and you are not going ot be happy, good luck. You probably could have used an XL.

I use mine with fin socks and wear a Nike AquaShoe. the shoe has a good bottom to transfer the force to my heel but still allows my foot to drop deeper into the pocket also. Of course, I am using an XL and with size 11 there is no way I could use your hiking boots and still get my XLs on. I would probably go the XXL if I needed hiking boots. N

Nemrod:
Hate to tell you RonRosa,those are to little and you are not going ot be happy, good luck. You probably could have used an XL.

I use mine with fin socks and wear a Nike AquaShoe. the shoe has a good bottom to transfer the force to my heel but still allows my foot to drop deeper into the pocket also. Of course, I am using an XL and with size 11 there is no way I could use your hiking boots and still get my XLs on. I would probably go the XXL if I needed hiking boots. N

Do you think I would do better with just a neoprene sock ? I can still use the arch support to get extra support on the bottom of my foot.

Here's a picture of the fit of my medium jet fins with SeaSoft Stealth boots in small. My normal shoe size is 8-8 1/2. Initially they were tight getting on but I found some threads about using Armor All to make them last/look better. After a good rub down they now slide on without a problem. They're snug but not tight, hopefully I'll get to give them a try this weekend.

Those spring straps look nice :D

Look forward to hearing how you like the fins.

I plan on trying an arch support with both boots and neoprene sock. Between the two, if I don't like the fins it won't be because of the foot pocket.

3 more weeks. The waiting is killing me. :light:

A large would definitely work better for you. Xl may be a little too big.

FWIW, I have a pair of lg that I have used with my drysuit with turbo soles as well as my wetsuit with size 10 (lg) wetsuit boots. While it was snug occasionally, they worked fine. I have recently moved to an Xl jet for the longer blade as there is not much (just a little) difference in the foot pocket size form Lg to Xl.

Spraying a little bit of silicone into the foot pocket also makes donning and doffing easier.

Make me an offer on my Lg jets (with springstraps) and I may sell them.

Robb

Back
Top Bottom