Joewr and Jellyfish Research

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hm.
If you reffer to the Japanese, than it's not exactly at my part of the world (It's about as far a you are).

I know they cook them. I even though about exporting some (as in the summer-time we have swarms of these) but it didn't work out :wink:

UW,

We took some videos during the dive. I'll get my dive buddy (and instructor) to capture them as stills and I'll let you know.

Joewr,

The temp ranged from 57 to 59 degrees. Definately drysuit or good wetsuit weather. Is that in your doable range??

Blacknet,

I don't know one species of jellyfish from a jar of peanut butter and jelly! I DO know that I was is fresh water, though!!!

DD,

Let's see, was that 75 deg F and 95 deg F ? Well, 95 is a little warm for me, but 75 is marginal. Now, what is that "dry suit" you were talking about? Double breasted? Three button or four button?

Just curious...did I ever explain to you the meaning of candy as_s diver? Socaldiver talked me into trying 70 deg F water sometime, but anything lower and I will be the rowboat captain!

Joewr...whose teeth are chattering just thinking about 59 deg...and that is air temp!

I'll just send the video!!!!

Still think they are scary! ;-(

Thanks,

Can't wait to see the Video or the stills....:thumb:

Me, too, DD!

In the warmth of my easy chair! And, thanks for letting me off the hook!

Joewr...the original candy as_ diver on the Board

Joe - speaking of turning jellyfish into food... Jellyfish is delicious! In Chinese cuisine, it's usually served as an hors d'oeuvre... yum... (not sure which type is used though - Joe the Jellyfish expert could probably tell me :p)

You mentioned Japan - well there is one restaurant in Tokyo where the contents of the fish tank are Jelly Fish lit up by UV. It's in the window so next time you're in Ropongi check it out - very cool.

Not sure if you go in and point to the one you want as: a) my Japanese not that good yet and b) I'm not overly fond of sea food at the best of times......

Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom