July - Diving Solo - Cozumel, then Mujeres or Holbox - Looking for Op, Advice, Etc!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are still looking for a safe and reasonably priced location, I would recommend Suites Colonial. I am a female diving on my own in Cozumel and feel good about my stay here. It is just off the main square, people are friendly and there so more than one bed in my room such that you can choose to share during your stay. BTW, b'fast is included although at another hotel 2 1/2 blocks away.
I plan to dive with Eco Divers as they are just around the corner and they will store my gear and transport it to the boat each time I dive. I am on a budget so their price of $300 USD for 5 day, two tanks works for me, with added discount for each 2-tank dive after that. I will dive with them on Monday so will post feedback, although upon review, they have good reviews. Their boat doesn't have a lot of shade so a hat , sunscreen and boat clothes are in order.

---------- Post added June 6th, 2014 at 03:58 PM ----------

If you are still looking for a safe and reasonably priced location, I would recommend Suites Colonial. I am a female diving on my own in Cozumel and feel good about my stay here. It is just off the main square, people are friendly and there so more than one bed in my room such that you can choose to share during your stay. BTW, b'fast is included although at another hotel 2 1/2 blocks away.
I plan to dive with Eco Divers as they are just around the corner and they will store my gear and transport it to the boat each time I dive. I am on a budget so their price of $300 USD for 5 day, two tanks works for me, with added discount for each 2-tank dive after that. I will dive with them on Monday so will post feedback, although upon review, they have good reviews. Their boat doesn't have a lot of shade so a hat , sunscreen and boat clothes are in order.

Hi, as noted I would provide feedback of my dives with Eco Divers, especially for the solo female diver. They are a very informal shop, which I like as they are very relaxed which allows me to relax on my vacation. They are not pushy about signing up for more dives or courses either - unlike some other dive shops which approach you at the bar or hotel and try to convince you to dive with them. Eco Divers has been around for a long time although there are some new additions like Christie from Massachusetts who is a good female instructor and diver. I feel safe and relaxed with this group, and as with the Mexican culture, don't expect everything to be like clockwork, but isn't that what we want a break from anyway? All in all, if you are looking for a very reasonably priced shop without the frills, but with all the dive experience and equipment and a chilled out approach to diving, I would recommend Eco Divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom