Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kyalami went out the other day, which is insane.

What the heck do people do on the weekends if they can’t dive? This weather is awful….
We watch the live stream of the Jupiter inlet cam at 8-9am and laugh as boats approaching the mouth either :
a) turn around
b) Go full 'throttle' and cheer if they make it

Scroll down a tiny bit on the Link to the live stream window :

For those of us stuck in the cold North (only Floridians use that term when speaking of Virginia!) there have to be other pastimes or we‘re stuck huddled by the fireplace and dreaming of trips. Some of us are plotting an invasion of FL in January. Here’s hoping we receive a warm welcome!
The good news for us is the possibility of snow for Christmas! ❄️❄️🎄
🐸

What the heck do people do on the weekends if they can’t dive? This weather is awful….

It's excellent bird watching season! We have so many amazing birds that visit South FL every winter along with all of our amazing local birds. Palm Beach County has FANTASTIC birding parks and natural areas.

Kyalami went out the other day, which is insane.

I saw that! I considered jumping on WPB boat Sunday but decided against it. Apparently the viz was good!
When I was younger, stronger, healthier, less beat up, I used to go out pretty regularly with Narcosis in bigger seas when getting out of Boynton and Jupiter was not possible. I don't know if Capt. Alex still does that. I started diving with Narcosis around 2010 with Captain Van.

When I was younger, stronger, healthier, less beat up, I used to go out pretty regularly with Narcosis in bigger seas when getting out of Boynton and Jupiter was not possible. I don't know if Capt. Alex still does that. I started diving with Narcosis around 2010 with Captain Van.

Alex will still do that. Maybe not these kind of seas (8-13’s predicted for Saturday!) but I’ve been out in 5-7’s with him several times. I’ll do it occasionally but only if I’m really itching to dive!

For those of us stuck in the cold North (only Floridians use that term when speaking of Virginia!) there have to be other pastimes or we‘re stuck huddled by the fireplace and dreaming of trips. Some of us are plotting an invasion of FL in January. Here’s hoping we receive a warm welcome!
The good news for us is the possibility of snow for Christmas! ❄️❄️🎄
🐸

Where in VA are you? I lived in VA for 32 years before moving to FL.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom