Jupiter, Florida Trip Report 05/22/2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drrich2, May is a good month for seeing both bull sharks and loggerheads in Palm Beach County. Site choice and sea conditions will affect the probability of success.

It was nice meeting you last year in Jupiter.

It was nice meeting you last year in Jupiter.

Same here; you gave me tips on approaching goliaths and I.D. rainbow runners (I think it was) for me.

How reliable are conditions in May? For me, a trip means flying to Ft. Lauderdale & driving to Jupiter; hotel reservations, vehicle rental, etc… I've got to think about reliability of conditions. No guarantees at any time, but I like to load the dice where I can.

Richard.

drrich2, the combination of the annual shark migrations, sea turtle nesting, a lower number of visitors, generally fair weather, the lobster season being closed and the lack of hurricanes, makes May the month. Jupiter Weather - Florida - Average Temperatures and Rainfall Because of the number of variables, reliability of conditions isn't something I would dare to predict.

As long as the wind speed and direction Average Wind Speed - Florida Climate Center allow safe passage out the inlet, the diver can usually fashion the bottom time into a adventure.

Some of my most memorable Palm Beach County dives have taken place in marginal sea conditions and low visibility. Challenging conditions can add to the drama, and big animals come in closer when the visibility is reduced.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom