Just finished "Discover Scuba" - where do I sign?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome. It must be really fun to be able to start this journey with your daughter.

I wish you many happy years of diving together.

Thanks again for the comments and tips. I've already read and implemented Walter's thread on finding a good instructor. I've also already read, and had my daughter read, JimLaps' "Who is responsible for what" thread and discussed it with her.

You all have been a great help already and I'm sure I'll be turning to you frequently as we go through our certification and after as well.

And yes, most definately, taking this journey with my daugter takes something that is great on it's own and just makes it that much more special. And I’ll literally be getting to keep her as my buddy as she grows up.

Welcome to the dark side :D.

I remember when I took my resort DSD. I stand 6'2" (perhaps gravity has pulled me down a bit more) and the pool that we did the DSD in was shallow enough that my forehead was out of the water when I knelt :rofl3:. But, as I knelt there, did what was asked of me and the swam/crawled around, I fell in love. At the end, I said can I start certification now? I had to pay them and then wait until the next day but it was immediate.....I fell in love with the underwater world.

Once you certify, you will find an endless list of things to do underwater. I took up UW photo/video and can't stop. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom