Just laid on my coffee table and did the frog kick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I was on the coffee table doing frog kicks my wife would not find it humorous. The video would have to have a disclaimer that stated kids (and husbands) don't try this at home.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

During my tech classes I spent many hours kicking in front of the tv watching the UTD videos. They did help but time in the water with a quality instructor can't be beat. If you want the skills look into intro to tech or primer class. Even if you never do a tech dive the skills are a must on all dives. :D

Jeni, some tips I was given from someone who 'looked like that guy' . . .

Do as TSandM says:

Jeni, the key is to clap the soles of your feet together. Then gently return them to the "load" position.

Knees bent and fins flat, separate your feet. Turn your ankles and clap the soles of your feet together. Then relax your ankles and return your feet to the starting position.

It's very important to gently move your feet back to the start position. If you move them too fast, the movement is actually counter-productive. The "pause and glide" tip is a good one.

Practicing this on the floor in front of a favorite show, with fins on, builds up the appropriate muscles. If you have a mirror to place, that would be great, too.

Back
Top Bottom